Application for asylum while in removal proceedings-NEED URGENT HELP

mist82

Hi all,

I would like to ask a couple of questions regarding applying for asylum.
Me and my boyfriend were reported by our school (college) that we don`t have our F1 status any more, and after a month got arrested by ICE at our home address in NJ, i was released and he was detained for 24h, posted bail and released.
We both got separate hearings, with separate judges, and since we live in NJ, he's case is in NY, mine ended up in NJ.
My question is, since i have been in USA for almost 3.5 years, he is here for 2.5 and both of us were trying to get our adjustment of status by legal ways of sponsor employment, but since we were reported, and our status was terminated, it didn`t happen and we are now in removal proceedings.
Our lawyer is applying me for asylum, since i have a pretty good case against going back to my home country, but my boyfriend doesn't have anything to apply for, so he is advising us to get married, and if i get approved for the asylum he will get it as my husband. My case is based on ethinc, and national discrimination in my country of Moldova, and the fact that i was physically attacked while back home. As a consequence of that i have a medical condition, epilepsy, and that is what i`m trying to use in my case.
First thing that i would like to know is, is this possible?
Since i`m applying after the first year, what are the chances of getting anywhere with this.
Also is it possible for him to be joined to my case as married couple, and go through it with me since he is in the removal proceedings assigned to another judge, in another state even?
I understand the risk that if i get denied or receive only the removal of proceedings, he will not get anything, but if i do, is this possible for him or not, to stay in USA and not get deported?
Is it possible to get the exclusion from removal proceedings for both of us?
i also have a fear of being misrepresented by our lawyer, who doesn`t seem to do anything, and is just streaching time, but that is a different question for a different time.

Main thing that i need help with is, is what he is suggesting possible? Is there any chance it might work?
What corse the case might take in any way.

Please help me, i`m desperate. We are a family, i can't allow us to be separated. also we can't go back home.

any type of answer would be appreciated.

thank you

go to germany -free college -economy steamrolling --why bother with US when you can go somewhere else where is much better ..hellooooo

go to germany -free college -economy steamrolling --why bother with US when you can go somewhere else where is much better ..hellooooo

This. Your asylum application sounds like a long shot, and the survival of a marriage to your college boyfriend for immigration benefits on your attorney's advice while under removal is an even longer shot. You also left out the important detail of your BF's citizenship.

Moldova's not that bad. You can stick around and fight your deportation and give your lawyer some more money that would go a lot further in Moldova and spend some more shitty time being poor in the USA, or you can go back in live in your homeland and in a few years be an EU citizen with all of Europe open to you.

Your lawyer is right that if you marry and are successful in your asylum application your husband should get asylum as well, but marrying him at this point while under removal may actually hurt your own asylum case even more.

At the end of the day if your lawyer can't tell you how your application will turn out what makes you think random people on the internet can?