Applicants with RFE and no response

dcmetro22042 said:
twoj: To the best of my knowledge, 140 and 485/EAD/AP are handled by different departments. Therefore there could be updates on both without a direct connection. However, did you see similar LUDs on 485 and AP as well? Was there any need to touch EAD? Did you need one or need to renew one? Good luck.

I did not see any need to touch my EAD. I did not use it and not renew it either. My I485 LUD on Nov 3, but this is because I called to update my address. I asked my lawyer, he has no clue either. I am just afraid that they are going to deny my I140. If that the case, they do have the excuse to update my EAD. Thanks

Not sure why they would only touch the EAD. Either they touch all (485/EAD/AP) or none at all, logically speaking (if they were thinking of canceling 485). Maybe they are sending a new EAD based on the new address? Wish I could help you solve this riddle. Good luck and hope for the best.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, dcmetro22042. I checked today, the LUD changed on both I140 and EAD again. But no message change. Really not logical. If they want to send a new EAD card, it should updated together with I485 instead of I140.

Thanks again.

Not really. When I was sent EAD/AP, 485 was not touched. Only EAD/AP were. Just keep the hope alive. My 140 was most probably changed from EB2 to EB3 due to lawyer/HR screw-up. I am just hoping that they dont send back my 485 application! Would be very unfortunate for me and wife since we just got the EAD/AP. But I am keeping the hope for now!

No LUD on I140 ref after 120 days past

Any one have any update on REF response ???

It has been 120 plus day since I responed I140 ref, no LUD any suggestion ?
It is really wearisome ....

Did you ever calll USCIS or try the help from senator or congressman? I am in the same boat. My RFE was sent more than 90 days ago, no any response yet. I called USCIS 16 days ago, and received the letter from USCIS saying my file is being processing under one officer. Who knows this is real or not! I will wait for 2 weeks, if no further news, I will call again.

Hi Punjabi and NIW,

I'm in same boat.
No response for my RFE reply.

I haven't called the USCIS.

Punjabi,you said some time back about an inquiry?

where are you on that.

NIW can you provide me with a letter format to request the Senetor.
Let me try this one.

Thanks,

Hi, Kgkgc:

The letter I used is from Dig's version.
I copy it here for you.
Hi Waitingnwaiting,

Name
Company Name
Address (Self or Company)I preferred Self as the Employer was not supportive
Phone # accordingly
Email Id
Date

The Honorable Senator ABC
Address
Washington, D.C. 11111-0000

Subject : Request to enquire with USCIS - NSC for I-140 (Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker) with application # LIN 04137xxxxx

Dear Senator ABC,

We are a ................. company in city, State since 19xx engaged in so&so. I'm an employee working for the said company as ...(position).... on H1B1 visa for over xx years. Based on the company's current & future needs, I'm being sponsored for a permanent position and residency in the US. With a degree in ........ and master's in ............. plus xx years of progressive experience, the company made concurrent applications for my I-140 and I-485 in April 2004. Although, the U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Services is doing commendable work in backlog reduction, my particular application on Immigrant Petition for alien worker (I-140), is still pending for over 470 days at the Nebraska Service Center. As suggested by my employer, I'm sending this letter to you as a request to intervene and seek enquiry in my long pending application. The case details are given under :

Application # : LIN 04137xxxxx
Form type : I-140 (Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker)
Petitioner : Company Name
Beneficiary : Last name, First Name, MI
Receipt Date : April xx, 2004
Projected Processing Time : 150 to 180 days from receipt date.
Present Pending Time : Over 470 days with no updates or queries.
Total I-140 cases pending at NSC with receipt dates of April 2004 : Less than 10%.

I also take this opportunity to inform that despite the Nebraska service center indicating to process I-140 cases with receipt dates of Dec. 2003, there have been cases approved in good numbers for receipt dates in the years 2004 & 2005. As a comparison, the other Centers, at Vermont, Texas and California are presently processing I-140 cases with receipt dates between March & April, 2005.

I once again greatly appreciate for your taking time to look into this long pending matter.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Name
Position
Company Name
City, State, Zip
Email Id

Although my employer did not and never would worry about my 140 approval, I wrote the same to make some extra impact.

Good luck.

DIGS

kpkgc, My attorney sent inquiry, atleast f***king bas***d said so but no word after that and he suggested me to not to send letter from senetor office.

Thanks NIW for quick response.

Let me try sending this.

I saw in this forum about inquiries with the help of senetors.

Punjabi do you think that this is not useful or not suggested?

Thanks,

Congrat to KGKGC

Waa, Finally you got it. Congrats to you! Did you notice the LUD changes on 140 recently? How do you find out 140 approval, by mail or by e-mail?