Applicants who fall into Name check black hole

newbie001

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,

There seems to be some kind of a pattern among applicants who fall into Name check crap.
Following are few. Let me know if my observation is correct or ridiculous. :rolleyes:

1. Applicants with marriage based GC and divorced/separated
2. Applicants with multiple address changes in last five years,
particularly moving away from service center jurisdiction where they got their LPR.
3. Applicants with more than one A#
4. Applicants with middle eastern name resemblance
5. Male applicants (mostly)

Please add your observation to this list.

People who are not in above patterns and still in the name check black hole, your feedback is very important.

Thanks,
Newbie001.

Hi there!

I would definitely give you an 'A' for effort ;-). I am by far not an expert on the USCIS/FBI name check scenario, but here is what I remember reading on some U.S. gov't website:

So folks run the risk of getting stuck in the name check if running their prints and other biographic information returns anything other than nothing. Matches, likely matches...potential matches etc. trigger somebody looking closer (meaning not automated) into the issue. This might happen to folks with very common names, probably also folks with certain ethnic backgrounds etc.

Yet, there are cases where it all goes smooth. Like a friend of mine. He is orginally from Egypt...moved about 10 times in the last ten years (coast to coast and then in between)...and his N-400 was completed within 6.5 months (back in late 2004/early 2005..VSC and Wash D.C. DO).

So long story short: I think whether or not somebody gets stuck in the name check seems to be based on matches/likely matches/potential matches when they run your information.

I do not think married or divorced, moved 20 times or never etc. are sole factors for folks to get stuck.

As I said I might be waaaaaaaaaay off, so if anybody knows for sure why some get stuck and others don't please let me know.

Cheers,
Legal

-------
N-400 @ VSC
PD: 01/17/06
Check cashed: 01/23/06
ND: 02/14/06 (received 02/18/06)
FP notice: 03/01/06 (received 03/05/06)
FP: 03/15/06 (FBI reported back to USCIS the same day)
ID/OD: N/A

Thanks LegalAlien99.
I would really appreciate to hear from applicants stuck in name check and does not fall into any special pattern/category like this. It will help the forum community.

Thanks,
Newbie001

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's compare to this info,

newbie001 said:
Hi all,

There seems to be some kind of a pattern among applicants who fall into Name check crap.
Following are few. Let me know if my observation is correct or ridiculous. :rolleyes:

particularly moving away from service center jurisdiction where they got their LPR.

Please add your observation to this list.

People who are not in above patterns and still in the name check black hole, your feedback is very important.

Thanks,
Newbie001.

Hi there,
Here is others situations;
I) married to USC never been married /devoice before
2) Never change the Adderess
3)Never have a n A # till applied for PREm
4)Female frome Thailand with just family and freind know the name
5)Never have any problems with any law enfocement niether home country or anywhere. NEVER

been stucked since Sep. 2003 .Done everthing know of congrees, senator, FBI itself, two and a half tons of Infopass all to no avail. Bad luck maybe don't beleive that either!!

Thanks ,
~C

I am not sure if there is any "rule" here on if a particular person is going to be stuck in this black hole.

The basic problem with the name check process is that it is done by two separate agencies who have no jurisdication over each other. USCIS pushes your name over to the FBI and then waits for something to come back. However slowly and unreasonably your case is being processed by the FBI is of no concern for the uscis. As a matter of fact, the uscis would prefer not to influence the fbi process for fear of any downside. The same holds true for your congressmen/women/senators/etc. in the current hightened security environment.

so what happened is that nobody knows for sure what the fbi is doing with your case. Your file could have been lost; or the analyst being assigned could have put it on the bottom of his pile; etc. all of that will be interpreted by this giant and unspecific "name check" process.

Foundamentally, no one is checking on how good / bad a job the FBI is doing with regards to their name check process and why some of those names are stuck. So there have zero accountability and motivation to make sure that the process is reliable.

That comes as no surprise as both of the agencies are government bearucracies.

newbie001 said:
Hi all,

Newbie001.

Wrong, Wrong, Wrong, Wrong, Partly Correct.

Common names will get you stuck too.. I have a common name like John Smith. Both English.

drgeorge

so what happened is that nobody knows for sure what the fbi is doing with your case. Your file could have been lost; or the analyst being assigned could have put it on the bottom of his pile; etc. all of that will be interpreted by this giant and unspecific "name check" process.

That right, About a year pass by with no answer so I e-mail to he FBI and here the respond;

A review of the FBI's Name Check Program database does not indicated that a request has ever been received from the USCIS.

Panic! very panic. I went to the USCIS the next day and am was informed that they have submitted my name check. A week later send another e-amil and finally get myself on the system!!!

You see folks? Both agencies are broken down and I'm ( and others) stucked in the middle

~C

cuties said:
Both agencies are broken down and I'm ( and others) stucked in the middle

it is really those sad stories that highlight how broken the government has become and how poor a job the DHS leadership has done, under the name of strengthening our national security.

There is absolutely zero accountability, at both USCIS and FBI, to make sure that they do a reasonably good job. It seems to me not one single sole there watches their pipeline of names being checked and doing any reasonable analysis anyone of us would have done to identify potential issues from the applicants' point of view.

I guess that's exactly why they got nailed on the Dubai deal.

I guess it is an isssue of priority for everyone. FBI's main job is secure the homeland. Other jobs like confirming OK status for immigration is lower priority and resources are accordingly allocated.

It is unfortunate that some people get stuck in the process. It is clear that politicians don't want to take a risk and ask FBI or USCIS to expedite - they never know when it will come back to haunt them. Once the current immigration bill is passed the recourse to the courts for relief will end. With millions of illegals joining the queue things will only get worse.

FBI Lies & USCIS Lies

Every fellow working in these agencies is there from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM to cover their own jobs and they will hold applications INDEFINITELY because they have to make sure their children complete college.

So your files will sit there until their children finish college or the CURSE of MILLIONS fall on their heads.

How else can they make a living at the expense of INNOCENT people under the COVER of security.

Anyone els?

Are there any one els whos AOS still pending do to the FBI name check and want to share thier info?

Thanks a lot,
~C

cuties said:
Are there any one els whos AOS still pending do to the FBI name check and want to share thier info?

Thanks a lot,
~C

This is Citizenship forum not AOS, but ultimately it doesn't matter since the topic is Name Check delays.

First, certain people have "better odds" to get stuck:
1. Countries with high population (i.e. China, India) and a lot of people with the same name.
2. Middle eastern people
etc.
But ultimately the Name Check bad luck can hit anyone:
My case: European (no Russian) from a very close ally of the US, non Muslim (name or religion) spotless record, and my name: First + Last it shouldn't be more than 50-100 people with the same name on the whole planet...

We are analyzing annecdotal evidence. It would be nice if some could put up a poll with fields for country of birth and maybe religeon too. That way we could see if this is a more widespread than we think it is.

Suzy977 said:
This is Citizenship forum not AOS, but ultimately it doesn't matter since the topic is Name Check delays.

First, certain people have "better odds" to get stuck:
1. Countries with high population (i.e. China, India) and a lot of people with the same name.
2. Middle eastern people
etc.
But ultimately the Name Check bad luck can hit anyone:
My case: European (no Russian) from a very close ally of the US, non Muslim (name or religion) spotless record, and my name: First + Last it shouldn't be more than 50-100 people with the same name on the whole planet...

Anyone has suggestions on how to go about the security check

Folks,
My case is stuck in security check. Is it same as name check. ? When I enquired with USCIS, I got a response that a background security check is pending for me.
Concurrent filing June 2004
I 140 approved June 2005.
Priority date on labor is May 2001 and still awaiting.
FP done in April 12 2005. Today turned 1 year after first finger printing.

Any clues on how do i get this thing moved. Its a pain to wait for EAD renewal with anxiety if it will come in time or not. Also travel is a problem as I cant go to india via London due to transit visa requirements..

Any guidance will be appreciated.
Thanks

cuties said:

That right, About a year pass by with no answer so I e-mail to he FBI and here the respond;

A review of the FBI's Name Check Program database does not indicated that a request has ever been received from the USCIS.

Panic! very panic. I went to the USCIS the next day and am was informed that they have submitted my name check. A week later send another e-amil and finally get myself on the system!!!

You see folks? Both agencies are broken down and I'm ( and others) stucked in the middle

~C

Hi..what email did you use...i have emailed so many times and no answer..as a matter of fact one time i called the FBI and the nastey lady told me they stopped accepting any calls, emails, faxes etc as they were working on a sepcial project to clear the backlog from 2003/2004!

so what email did you use and when did you send it?

My case was I-485

zzerous said:
Hi..what email did you use...i have emailed so many times and no answer..as a matter of fact one time i called the FBI and the nastey lady told me they stopped accepting any calls, emails, faxes etc as they were working on a sepcial project to clear the backlog from 2003/2004!

so what email did you use and when did you send it?

Hi there.

My case was an I-485 and apologize for the misplace posting. Anyhow I sand out the e-mail 2004 an took about two and a half months for them to resopnd. The address as every know FBINNCP@ic.fbi.gov

Good luck,~C

cuties said:
Hi there.

My case was an I-485 and apologize for the misplace posting. Anyhow I sand out the e-mail 2004 an took about two and a half months for them to resopnd. The address as every know FBINNCP@ic.fbi.gov

Good luck,~C

Since mid 2005 they don't reply to email anymore. I guess they were overwhelmed by so many requests.

And best of luck to you too, C. :)