Applicant not in the US

FA6506

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

I need to get some advice on my brother's Canadian Immigration situation. He applied for Canadian Permanent Residency last year in June while he was working in the US on H1. Later he left US and went back home for another job opportunity. I just received a letter from the Buffalo Consulate asking for additional documents which includes FBI finger printing results, job verification and funds verification etc.

My question is that is he still eligible for the process through the Buffalo consulate? Should my brother send them the additional documents and explain his current situaton or should he not even bother and just request for a file transfer to the consulate back home? Although interview has not been requested he now has a B1 visa and he can travel to the US in case he is required to do so.

If you guys can provide some suggestions, opinions or personal experiences I will greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Fareeh

I need to get some advice on my brother's Canadian Immigration situation. He applied for Canadian Permanent Residency last year in June while he was working in the US on H1. Later he left US and went back home for another job opportunity. I just received a letter from the Buffalo Consulate asking for additional documents which includes FBI finger printing results, job verification and funds verification etc.
---- FBI fingerprints can be done only in US and he needs to come to US
My question is that is he still eligible for the process through the Buffalo consulate?
---- YES
Should my brother send them the additional documents and explain his current situation
----- he can send the other documents or info to you and you can mail it to Buffalo, what you will do for his FBI fingerprints?
or should he not even bother and just request for a file transfer to the consulate back home?
--- He can request for a file transfer but it will start from the beginning and according to new law it is up to the visa officer if they agree to do the file transfer
Although interview has not been requested he now has a B1 visa and he can travel to the US in case he is required to do so.
---- Let him come to US on B1 visa if he desperately needs Canada PR. FYI if he has good job in your home country in IT field he is much better. Canada has no IT jobs if he wants to immigrate to get a job in IT field forget it and don’t waste the money on trip to US then Landing then again going back to home country. If he is ready to do labor job for7/8CDN per hour then he can try or leave this Canada immigration. Many who landed in Canada could not find any job in IT field and going back to India( I don’t know your home country) if your brother belong to India better he should stick to his job in India and don’t waste the money for Canada immigration.

Thank you for the reply. I am just trying to evaluate the options. He does have a good job but we would like to keep our options open. Regarding the FBI finger printing I was thinking he can explain the situation when he sends the rest of the documents and instead of sending the FBI finger prints he can send a "certificate of good conduct". I was primarily curious about the process if he can still proceed. It seems like that he can. I will have him complete the documents and send it to me and I will draft a letter explaining the complete situation and see what response we get from the consulate.

Thanks again for your response.