App. Submitted - Some Questions!!

harry79

Registered Users (C)
Hello everyone,

This is my first post and I wanna thank each one of you. I followed this forum religiously and it helped me tremendously in preparing my application.

My wife and I live in different cities due to our work situation and I have used two different addresses and provided them an explanation along with the I-130. So, essentially the I-130 , which is filed by my USC wife has her address and I have my address on the 485, 131 and 765.

I sent my application through FedEx and it was delivered on June 8 at the Chicago Lockbox.

Questions:

1. Since there are two different addresses, will my wife get the I-130 receipt notice at her address and I will get the other 3 at mine ? Does anyone have any similar experience or knowledge about it?

1. How long does it normally take to get a receipt notice in the mail. Its been about a week since my packet was delivered(June 8). Whats the normal timeline so I know when to start worrying about it ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Yeah, if your I-130 has a different address from the other applications, the notices would be sent to the respective addresses. I got a RD about a week after my application was delivered and I got the NOA couple of days after the RD. So give yourself a good 10 days I would say.

relax and wait

Hoping all the documents were correct and the fees were paid; see if the amount is deducted from your bank account by 14 jun...which will mean that your documents have passed preliminary scrutiny.Your Notice Date(ND) would be 12 Jun , it would be updated on the website by 23 Jun.You would get the I-797 c by 19 Jun. FP/ biometric letter should ideally be originated on 19 Jun and u should get that letter by 25 Jun. FP/ biometric appointment should be scheduled around 04 Jul.

harry79 said:
Hello everyone,

This is my first post and I wanna thank each one of you. I followed this forum religiously and it helped me tremendously in preparing my application.

My wife and I live in different cities due to our work situation and I have used two different addresses and provided them an explanation along with the I-130. So, essentially the I-130 , which is filed by my USC wife has her address and I have my address on the 485, 131 and 765.

I sent my application through FedEx and it was delivered on June 8 at the Chicago Lockbox.

Questions:

1. Since there are two different addresses, will my wife get the I-130 receipt notice at her address and I will get the other 3 at mine ? Does anyone have any similar experience or knowledge about it?
Yeah, whatever address is used on the application forms, the recipets and all correspondence related to those forms is sent to the address on them.

1. How long does it normally take to get a receipt notice in the mail. Its been about a week since my packet was delivered(June 8). Whats the normal timeline so I know when to start worrying about it ?

Thanks in advance for your help.
It usually takes a week to two. You should get them sometime this week. If you used checks for payment, keep an eye on your bank account to see when they are cashed. Once you see that, the receipts should follow soon.

Thanks for your feedback guys. Hopefully I will get something in the mail this week. Will keep everyone posted on the progress and post my timelines accordingly.

I sent money orders so that option is out. Just praying to the USCIS and USPS gods for now :)

Ok, received three notices (I-797C) in the mail for 485, 131 and 765. Hopefully the one for I-130 will come to my wife's address by tomorrow.

Thanks again for your comments. I will post my timelines in the AOS timeline thread.

harry79 said:
Ok, received three notices (I-797C) in the mail for 485, 131 and 765. Hopefully the one for I-130 will come to my wife's address by tomorrow.

Thanks again for your comments. I will post my timelines in the AOS timeline thread.
See, all you needed was some patience :)

Did your wife get the receipt for the I-130 yet or you will find out only when you get to talk to her the next time? j/k. I hope she gets it soon. In my case, the I-130 receipt came before everything else.

Updated Timeline

Sorry for the late reply, guys. I was not checking this thread but posted my timelines in the AOS and EAD thread.

Yeah, she got the notice a day after I received my 3 notices. I also got the FP/Bio notice today for an appointment on June 30th.

See signature for latest timelines.