Ap

HTS

Registered Users (C)
Guys, just wanted to share my experience for Advance Parole from Cincinnati office.

Applied EAD and AP thru Lawyer at Cincinnati Local INS office on Sep 19 2002 because my H1B is expiring at end of NOV '02 and I am in I-485 stage.

Today morning got the call from INS office to collect the travel documents.

Went to the Local INS ofice, took the number, waited for 1 hr because there was a lot of crowd today, when my number came, I explained that I got a call today to collect AP for myself and my family (Wife and Son), she just asked my LAST NAME and gave me those AP Documents (3 page each). They were already printed and ready for me to collect. She did not ask any Identity or anything like that. I asked her about the EAD, which was also applied along with AP. She said you should get an appointment letter by mail within next 2 weeks for EAD.

Started to walk out with relief but then I just checked those AP documents, found that the LAST NAME for my WIFE and SON is misspelled. Came back (I had to wait because she was attending others), when I got the chance, I told her about that mistake, she said no problem we will correct it, waited for another half hour to get the new AP for my wife and Son, they reprinted it with correct LAST NAME. Isn't that great.

Overall it was not a bad experience, atleast they corrected that mistake in no time. So guys please check the names and other details on AP.

I will share my EAD experience once I get my EAD appointment.

My understanding was that AP takes more time at Local office than EAD but it only took 15 days, that is strange.

HTS, Thank you for sharing your experience. I thought AP and EAD can only apply through service center. How did you apply at local office?

Cincinnati Local INS

I know about Cincinnati that you can apply at Local INS office, I also was confused first because I heard people saying in this forum that you can only apply for EAD and AP where your case is pending and my case is pending at NSC.

So then I went personally twice and confirmed that I can apply at Local INS office. I took me less than 15 days to get my AP and now I got my EAD too. I got the appointment letter from Local Cincinnati INS office within 20 days and it took me less than an hour to get my EAD card.

They normally schedule on Tuesdays for EAD, I applied my EAD and AP on SEP 19 (Posted by mail) and got AP on OCT 4th (Friday) and EAD on OCT 8th. Its pretty easy here at Cincinnati.

HTS What documents to file for AP?

I need to apply for my wife's AP

What documents should I file with I-131?

You will need following documents with AP I-131 form :

1) 2 Photographs (write name and A# on the back not really required, I forgot to write but people just say)
2) Filling Fee of $120 (Check)
3) I-485 receipt notice
4) Copy of most recent I-94 (both sides)
5) copy of Passport Identification Pages
6) Copy of your I-797 which is evidence of current H1B or H4B
7) If you are on EAD then copy of EAD (both sides)

From 6 and 7, I think you would need to send one of them but just to be on the safe side, send both. Anyway they are just copies of those documents.

Please let me know if you need any other info.