AP while out of US

newlkowale

Registered Users (C)
Scenario:
I am in I-485 stage. H1B is valid till 2003 and am working on H1B. Haven\'t yet used EAD. Not yet applied for AP. Now if I apply for an AP and before the approval comes I go out of the country. While I am out of US, AP is approved and my friend sends the AP approval letter to me in my home country.

Question:
Can I use AP while entering US? What questions are asked at POE in case of AP?

Might work...

INS says that AP should be gotten before you leave US.
Anyway to answer your Qs, Sometimes they take you to a separate office and then check the validity of the AP. You have to fill in a new I94 though.
You will get stamps in the AP document, I94 and passport as adjustee. It will be better to have a copy of I485 receipt just in case.

You don;t need AP

You don\'t need AP unless you use EAD. I travelled Just 2 weeks
ago and came back. i used my H1-B visa. No problems.

jaxen

I have same question. I will get AP while I am already outside of US. I am currently on H1 and will have to go to the cosulate to get new H1 stamp before coming back. I wanted to avoid this. Do you think it is ok to ask someone to mail me the AP to my foreign address and I use this AP to enter US ? thanks

If you want to use AP

You must have got your EAD. Once you enter US with AP, your status would be changed to adjustee, you will have to use EAD to work.