AP Urgent Problem. Advise Needed. Please. Please.

James Tg

Registered Users (C)
I just received my Advanced Parole document. My country of birth is Taiwan, Republic of China, but they make a mistake to put "China, People's Replublis of" on my AP. I need to go outside of US in 4 weeks. Do I need to return the document back to them to obtain correct one? Or, just use it because the rest of information, e.g. name, picture, DOB, and A#, is enough to prove my identity. If I return the document back to them for correction, I may not be able to receive it back in 4 weeks. If I use the current ones, I may have trouble at the US port of entry. Please advise. Thanks a lot.

James

Dont worry too much about it. I have traveled several times on an AP where my name itself was mis-spelled. As long as the photograph looks like you, dont bother too much.
Just make sure you call the NSC telephone number and correct it. THey will send you a letter within 30 days acknowledging the correction. I recently got my I-485 approval notice where my name was mis-spelled again and I called the number and got it fixed before I went for Passport stamping.

James Tg; You can call the national service center they will help you and get it corrected. If you have time then you can get the correction done. it will take about 4 weeks for you get the correction done.

But you can still use the AP becuase everything else in the document is correct and it should not be a problem.

M2002

James - see if this helps

We had the same issue with my wifes AP. Here is what we did

Went to Local INS. Requested for AP be corrected. They said send it to Lincon-Nebraska. Told then we have tickits & requested to see officer. Politely told offcer AP has been approved and INS's made mistake during printing. Also told then as we fall under juridiction of Local INS, so LOcal INS should be able to Fix the AP.

Without asking for a Fee they Issued us a New AP. I will say give it a try. This was Post 9/11.

Good Luck