AP - Urgent..Please answer

eye140485

Registered Users (C)
I need to travel outside the US (for my work) but I don't have AP. Is there a anyway to get it in a day or so?

eye140485 said:
I need to travel outside the US (for my work) but I don't have AP. Is there a anyway to get it in a day or so?
Unfortunately local offices give APs only for true emergencies. (life or death issues)

If you have a valid H/L visa (& status), you can travel and re-enter based on that - you don't need AP.

Thanks Max2k1. I'm on EAD and guess cannot get AP immediately. BTW, AP is I131 right?

Thanks again.

eye140485 said:
Thanks Max2k1. I'm on EAD and guess cannot get AP immediately. BTW, AP is I131 right?

Thanks again.
AP is I-131 indeed.

assuming ur H/L is expired, I strongly suggest you to have AP for re entery into US.

eye140485 said:

Thanks again.
Since you are using your EAD, you don't have a choice but to use AP for re-entry.
Don't leave the country unless you have a valid AP with you.

I have similar situation ... I need to go to india in 1st week of January. I was on H-1 but currently working on EAD, if I apply for I-131 online or mail in, it will take about 2 months to get approved. I do know walk-in could be done, but its for medical emergency only. If I show Dr. letter from india that my grandma or uncle is sick would that be ok? or it needs to be an immediate family member. I am in Los angeles, any body had similar experience recently and go to LA office for emergency advance parole?
I would highly appreciate any response.
Thanks.

Sorry to hear ...
You got 2 options. First, get somebody to fax you that this is an emergency in emergency cases and try to obtain AP from local office. (Personnaly I did not hear that you can kick in the local office door and request AP).
Second option taken from USCIS website states :
"To request expedited processing, provide the reason(s) why you feel the case should be expedited. Be sure the request is supported by adequate, relevant documentation. State "EXPEDITED HANDLING REQUEST" in the heading of the letter and on the envelope." - this is could be done for seven reasons, only first one could be work related.
1.Severe financial loss to company or individual.
2.Extreme emergent situation.
3.Humanitarian situation.
4.Nonprofit status of requesting organization in furtherance of the cultural 5.and social interests of the United States.
6.Department of Defense or National Interest Situation (Note: Request must come from official United States Government entity and state that delay will be detrimental to our government.)
7.USCIS error.
Compelling interest of the USCIS.
My friend asked for expedited AP without no documented proof, just a letter that family member is not feeling good - one month passed, no AP....
Good luck.

Thank you.
I had one more question. If I go ask for emergency should i say that i have to leave in 2 days or 2 weeks? Sorry for the dumb questions, just making sure to get AP.
Thanks again.

merovingian said:
Sorry to hear ...
You got 2 options. First, get somebody to fax you that this is an emergency in emergency cases and try to obtain AP from local office. (Personnaly I did not hear that you can kick in the local office door and request AP).
Second option taken from USCIS website states :
"To request expedited processing, provide the reason(s) why you feel the case should be expedited. Be sure the request is supported by adequate, relevant documentation. State "EXPEDITED HANDLING REQUEST" in the heading of the letter and on the envelope." - this is could be done for seven reasons, only first one could be work related.
1.Severe financial loss to company or individual.
2.Extreme emergent situation.
3.Humanitarian situation.
4.Nonprofit status of requesting organization in furtherance of the cultural 5.and social interests of the United States.
6.Department of Defense or National Interest Situation (Note: Request must come from official United States Government entity and state that delay will be detrimental to our government.)
7.USCIS error.
Compelling interest of the USCIS.
My friend asked for expedited AP without no documented proof, just a letter that family member is not feeling good - one month passed, no AP....
Good luck.

Personally I would say that I have to leave as soon as possible... But maybe somebody could answer this from experience.