Ap Rfe

dwl800

Registered Users (C)
I got RFE emails this morning. It said that USCIS has sent me a request for additional information on April 12th. When will I get the RFE. Also, how do I respond to the RFE. Do they have the return envelope inside it?

Also, what is normal response time for RFE. When will be my case approved after submitting the documents. This is at NSC.

Please respond to this questions experts. I really hope to find an answer from someone who got RFE's.

The AP is really important for me at this stage coz my MIL is sick and in ICU.

dwl800 said:
I got RFE emails this morning. It said that USCIS has sent me a request for additional information on April 12th. When will I get the RFE. Also, how do I respond to the RFE. Do they have the return envelope inside it?

Also, what is normal response time for RFE. When will be my case approved after submitting the documents. This is at NSC.

Please respond to this questions experts. I really hope to find an answer from someone who got RFE's.

When is the RD for AP? I hope your AP gets approved soon.

Good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually the RD is April 3rd, 2006. I expedited the case using the Senator's office. Now my question is when does the actual RFE reach me by postal mail. Also how do I respond to this RFE. Meaning....does NSC include an return envelope or can I send it through USPS.

Also my second question is how long does it take for NSC to respond to the RFE and approve the case.

If anybody has responded to RFE and knows about it please let me know? I would really appreciate it. Should I post my query somewhere else

RFE for 2nd AP.... :(

I also recd RFE for my 2nd AP..(Rd 03/01/2006)..not sure what type of RFE is..what type of RFE you got? is there any way to expedite it? I have my tkts booked for India for 26th May....

Thanks for help......

I am in same boat,

My RD is Jan 23rd, and this is my 3rd AP, and still I have not recevied any update.

I am thinking to expdiate the process using senator and my tickets are booked as of May 22nd

dwl800 said:

how did you expdiate the process thur senator, I really appreciate if you could provide some more info

expedite AP

Our APs has been expired and we didn't file renewal. Now my wife's brother is getting married on June 7th.. , If we apply now, the chances of getting the APs are very remote. Is there anyway to expedite the process, or can we goto local INS?

I was going thru uscis website and found that we can expedite AP in case of emergency.

If we take a letter from senator and can go to local INS, will that work?

Would you pl send the letter format for senator? I really appreciate if you could provide some more info.

for me it took about 3 weeks

I applied for AP for me, my wife and my daughter. Daughter's application came back as it was not signed properly. Ours got ND of April 21, 2006 and the APs were approved on May 11, 2006. We did nothing to expedite it and looking at processing times at NSC, I was expecting it in 1st week of Jun.

My daughter's case is pending with ND of May 3, 2006. Let's see when we can get it.

You should apply ASAP if not already done. Never know it goes very fast sometimes..

guldukan said:
how did you expdiate the process thur senator, I really appreciate if you could provide some more info

I had the death certificate. So I went to the local senators office in Milwaukee and told them the whole situation. they faxed NSC all the documents....I-131 APplication Fee Receipt, and I-485 APplication Receipt.

They sent me RFE in 8 days after this. The RFE reached me on 18th day.

I got the AP approved after this RFE on the 28th day.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Hi DW,
could you please tell me what kind of RFE they asked for your AP...today I got the same notice!!!!
What kind of documents they may still ask for??I thought the lawyers sent them everything?
Could you guys please...please tell me what RFEs on AP may include...
Thanks in advance.

I received my RFE on 5/11, asking about new photos. When I called, CSR told me that they might have lost our photos :confused: , which I sent them with my documents. So I immediately express mail them new photos. USCIS received it on 5/12 but my status got changed on 5/15.

Talk to CSR on 5/16 morning and she told me that it's already been approved and went for printing. In the evening I got approval email saying that they already mailed my approval letter :) .

I e-filed on March 1 and this is my second AP. I have tkts for India on 26 May.

I was having emergency letter ready in case I need to use it, but got approval without it ;) .

All the best for who is waiting for AP.....