AP - RFE - Issues with photos - any recommendations?

ck510

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I've searched the forums and read the posts and understand that the photo requirements for AP are different from that of EAD etc. I got mine and my wife's photos taken from Costco at two different times. My wife's AP was approved, but I received an RFE mentioning that I had submitted 'digital photos'.

Can the gurus please clarify what exactly they mean by that? Also if anyone has gotten photos clicked for AP in North NJ or Manhattan, and their AP has been approved, then please let me know the location/studio - I'll go there and get the snaps clicked...

All the places I called use a digital camera, so I'm not sure where to get a 'non-digital' photo...

I need to travel to India for a wedding in the summer, and don't want to take a chance with the AP being rejected...

Thanks for all your help in advance...

Just look in the phone book. Most photographers who have a studio will do this. There are some photographers who are so called "INS approved." But even the others will do a good job if you show them the USCIS photo specification.

Digital photographs are NOT accepted i.e. the ones that are printed using a printer. However digital pictures printed using special photographic methods are ok i.e. they use a digital camera but the printing is different. Polaroid and regular photo-film ones are also acceptable.

Go to picture people

Find a nearest picture people. I had mine and wifes photos taken after RFE. They donot use a digital camera.

ck510 said:
Hi,

I've searched the forums and read the posts and understand that the photo requirements for AP are different from that of EAD etc. I got mine and my wife's photos taken from Costco at two different times. My wife's AP was approved, but I received an RFE mentioning that I had submitted 'digital photos'.

Can the gurus please clarify what exactly they mean by that? Also if anyone has gotten photos clicked for AP in North NJ or Manhattan, and their AP has been approved, then please let me know the location/studio - I'll go there and get the snaps clicked...

All the places I called use a digital camera, so I'm not sure where to get a 'non-digital' photo...

I need to travel to India for a wedding in the summer, and don't want to take a chance with the AP being rejected...

Thanks for all your help in advance...

ck510:

I might be in a similar situation as yours. If you can help me with this.

I see a delay in my AP/EAD - I have 2 LUDs on my AP and none on my EAD. I am trying to decipher what is USCIS trying to do with my case. No message change or email yet. I along with my spouse clicked photos from Costco.

What is the pattern you saw in your case when u got a RFE - Were there any LUDs before the actual RFE ? What about your EAD ?

thanks,
msd_gc.

I got mine at Motto Photo..no issues AP was approved...i think they were digital phots as well.

My EAD and AP approved mid of Dec 2004. My wife EAD and AP did not get approve as of today and I saw two LUD changes for both EAD and AP 2/23 and 2/24 but no message change. I checked with my attorney she did not get any notice from uscis. I do not know what is happening on my wife case.

msd_gc,

The EADs went through fine - my wife had to send another set of photos. for AP, my wife's and my LUD changed within a day of each other (receipt date was a day apart) - my wife's AP was approved, while I received the RFE.

I talked to the lady at Costco last weekend and she mentioned that the cameras they use are 'INS approved' and the pictures come out laminated unlike other similar pictures. I got one set from there, and will get another set from Picture People and send both sets in this weekend.

So, hang in there, and hopefully you will hear positive news soon.

msd_gc said:
ck510:

I might be in a similar situation as yours. If you can help me with this.

I see a delay in my AP/EAD - I have 2 LUDs on my AP and none on my EAD. I am trying to decipher what is USCIS trying to do with my case. No message change or email yet. I along with my spouse clicked photos from Costco.

What is the pattern you saw in your case when u got a RFE - Were there any LUDs before the actual RFE ? What about your EAD ?

thanks,
msd_gc.

ck510 said:
msd_gc,

The EADs went through fine - my wife had to send another set of photos. for AP, my wife's and my LUD changed within a day of each other (receipt date was a day apart) - my wife's AP was approved, while I received the RFE.

I talked to the lady at Costco last weekend and she mentioned that the cameras they use are 'INS approved' and the pictures come out laminated unlike other similar pictures. I got one set from there, and will get another set from Picture People and send both sets in this weekend.

So, hang in there, and hopefully you will hear positive news soon.

ck510:
I got an email from USCIS about the RFE on my AP (131) today. I have not received the details yet - since it is for both me and my wife I feel it will be mostly regardsing our Photos.

I had clicked my pictures from Costco in Hackensack - Did you do it from there too ? If soo when you resubmitted the pictures where did you click them from next ?

I am trying to prepare for it early. Let me know.

thanks, msd_gc.

Yup - from the Costco in Hackensack. My wife's were from the Costco in Edison, and they went through. :) Not sure if the photos were printed differently, or the case workers had different interpretations.

I am sending the response tomorrow, with took two sets taken from:

1. Costco in Clifton (specified "Passport photo for Immigration purposes")
2. A photo studio off Fulton St in downtown NYC

From browsing this forum, I also found recommendations for

3. Su Photo in Edison area
4. Picture People in any mall
5. Ritz Camera in Woodbridge mall

HTH,
ck510

msd_gc said:
ck510:
I got an email from USCIS about the RFE on my AP (131) today. I have not received the details yet - since it is for both me and my wife I feel it will be mostly regardsing our Photos.

I had clicked my pictures from Costco in Hackensack - Did you do it from there too ? If soo when you resubmitted the pictures where did you click them from next ?

I am trying to prepare for it early. Let me know.

thanks, msd_gc.