AP Renwal, Approved, Still waiting Approval letter

AKish

Registered Users (C)
Hey guys
My 2nd AP(renewal) was approved on Oct 25th(WAC02272XXXXX), but not yet received approval letter in mail. Spouse got RFE on 2nd AP(renewal), waiting for RFE letter too. Does any one know, how much time it will take to receive the approval and RFE letter and how much time to get approval after RFE submission for spouse? Planning for India trip in 1st week of Dec. Any inputs from Gurus will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Akish

call IIO

Wait for 2 wks from 10/25... That means after this week you didn't receive it, you/attorney can call IIO to find the status?

When did your wife get RFE? Generally RFEs are for photos, marriage certificate etc. Approval can be fast once they receive the response.
That also if passed 2 weeks, you can get the status from II0.

I remember, you had an RFE for AOS also, right? If they received the response by now, you can get the approval soon.

Good Luck,

Sorry to frustrate you, Sometimes you will never recieve the approved AP as it happened in my case, I am waiting for a approved AP since Jun02. After waiting for one month, apply one more time for AP, it is like a gamble,like a lotto, if you have luck you will get the AP in your mail box, otherwise keep spending your money and keep applying for an AP till you get one. AP processing often behaves like a black hole.

Better luck next time.

same here

AP approved on Sep 10 2002 and no notice on mail yet. IIO simply said we mailed you on Sep 10th and may have lost (hmm. all the bills are coming regularly).

Hope to find the notice in my mail box soon.

Send Fax Enquiries at weekly intervals

I had the similar experience. I had filed my AP in May and the same was approved on June 13. Called up IIO in the month of August and she told me that they have mailed it and have not received it back. AVM never changed during this time.

In September I faxed a couple of enquiries and last week I received my approvals.

The INS has made some changes to the AP. Previously they used to paste the original photo on the petition hence no duplicate copy was possible. Now-a-days they scan and print the photo on the petition and hence they are in a position to issue duplicate also.

My advise would be to send a Fax Enquiry. I did it myself. My lawyer said that it's of no use but it worked for me.

Good Luck!

got it.

What a surprise??? Got the approval on mail today. It was posted on Nov 4.

Got 2 copies with scanned photos. Now the long wait continues...

WAC 020 007 XXXXX