AP renewal

psilva00

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys,

I need your help. I have a valid AP until June and I just applied for a new one or extension (120 before the expiration). I need to go overseas next month and may not return until July or August. Can I go overseas on and have the new one mailed to me. I know that if I did not have any AP now I could not have it mailed, but since I have a valid one and the new one should be approved before June, I think I should be ok.
Please help

Sorry but no, the AP you return to the US with should be approved before you leave. I have replied to your earlier post about this already. If you get the new AP before you travel in March, then great! But if you don't, you must return to the US before the expiration of the one you are carrying when you leave, i.e. June. Those are USCIS rules.

The USCIS stated that if a person has an advance parole and applies for a new advance parole while in the United States, s/he may travel and reenter the U.S. using the already approved advance parole. The person must return during the time period permitted under that advance parole that was approved before the person's departure. The USCIS specified that the person cannot remain abroad after the expiration of the first advance parole and then seek to enter on the second one after it is approved.