AP Received

vijji241

Registered Users (C)
I've received AP today, I received 3 copies of it. This is
my first AP, just curious to know why 3 copies
are needed ??? Please let me know

There is bunch of discussion available in this forum on this subject, All you need to do is "search" for AP

I would really appreciate if u can tell me when did u applied for u'r AP. I am waiting for my 2nd AP which was filed in April 2004. Any help from anybody who knows what r the current AP approval date would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hi I140-June2003

here are my statistics

I-485/EAD/AP/VSC (Non concurrent, I-140 Approved Jan 2004)
RD: 24 Feb 2004
ND: 27 Feb 2004

Last Updated Date changed to 26 may and then to 27 may for both my EAD and AP

Initiated inquiry on AP on 7 June which might have triggered the RFEs

RFE issued on EAD/AP on 10 June and site updated on 14 June
RFE received on 17 June by attorney

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Explorer19

Thanks for u'r instant reply. I was wondering how long does it take to receive the AP coz I received my 1st AP in about 2 months. It's really strange to see u received RFE on AP?? If u don't mind can u tell whatz u'r RFE about?? Actually I m planning to travel out of country soon so wanted to find the time to receive 2nd AP.

Thanks

Hi
RFE on AP is not new. some People have earlier received RFEs onAP too
btw both of my RFEs (on EAD and AP) are to send clear copies of pages of passport and/or driver's license

Explorer19

I have got same RFE on MY EAD, AP and we responded back. do you how long will it take for approavl after INS treceived our response

looks like AP approval's are happening faster..

2nd AP Approved today.
AP-RD: 03/11/04
485 RD: Jan 2003
FP: 3/14/2003

vijji241 said:
I've received AP today, I received 3 copies of it. This is
my first AP, just curious to know why 3 copies
are needed ??? Please let me know

When you come to POE, the officer stamps on one copy and give you back (this copy is good for next travels - save it carefully). Officer takes back 2nd copy - to inform USCIS adjucator that your adjucation can be continued). The 3rd copy is normally for airlines (when you boarding to flight for your return journey).
Though some USCIS offices provide you 3rd copy for airlines, actually you don't need to give them that copy. You can give them photocopies too.