AP Questions : Please Help

Mirya

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
My Husband has applied for I485 along with EAD and AP on 17th Sept\'2001 .
Our mail was reached at INS on 18th Sept\'2001 and after this confirmation, i went to India on 20th sept\'2001 on a valid H4 visa. My EAD and AP was approved while i was in India. i came back to US in Feb\'2002 by H4 visa only. I also applied for SSN on my EAD and got the SSN, but could not manage to get a job in this market. Now i need to travel to india again this month end. i know that i have to use only AP for travelling ,but from the discussions in this forum, i heard that AP is valid only if got approved when we are present here in US,otherwise it is considered abandoned. In my case AP was approved while i was in India. So is it possible for me to use it now, or any other suggestions are highly appreciated . Anyone who has some knowledge about it please do give u\'r valuable suggestions.

Thanks in Advance

You are okay

Who told you "AP is valid only if got approved when we are present here in US,otherwise it is considered abandoned"?

Actually you do not have to physically be in the US when the AP is approved, as long as your 485 is pending.