AP question

TxGreenCard

Registered Users (C)
Is there anybody used AP to enter the states recently? Is there any problems? What the immigration officer asked you? I remember that somebody mentioned in this forum before said the immigration officer asked how did he get EAD and he answered through marriage instead of employment. I am a little bit confused why is that?

I used it last month. Immigration officer looked my AP and asked if I had completed my school or not ( I came here at F1 Visa). Then I was to told to go another room ( secondary inspection). He checked my AP and stampped on my passport.

That's all. My port of entry was New York. They didnot me ask a single question at secondary inspection.

I used it last December and had no problem. BCIS officer asked me if I was staying at the same address. They did not ask anything else. EAD and AP are two different documents and one can not be used instead of another. There is nothing wrong in getting EAD through marriage or as dependent as long as these documents are approved by BCIS.

Used in for the second time last Sunday. POE - Newark. No problem. I was aksed who the sponsonoring company was. Thats it. The only thing was the waiting time approx 1.30 mins at the secondary room.

Dont worry, enjoy your trip and you'll be fine. Submit your PP, AP, I-94, Customs clearence form and I-485 receipt notice.