AP question

NYC_NY

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys,

I didn't apply AP when I filed the I485 in January because I'd thought my GC could be approved before
Christmas holidays. Now it seems I have to apply AP due to the current slow I485 processing.
Does anybody know how long it will take to get the AP? :(

Thanks in advance! ;)

AP Approved

I appled for my wife's AP on Monday and got the approval on Friday..

Send the application to the local INS with the copy of the I485 reciept notice and photos and purpose of visit..

Amit

SEND to local Office.. not to VSC..

You Can Apply for AP at Local INS Office

Check with INS office where you live, in Boston INS you get AP in few hours if you apply there in person.

One day??!!!

WOW!! Sounds unbelievable!!!
I will try the NYC INS to see how long I can get it. :D :D :D

one of our friend got it in one day!!!!! it is not surprise. just go to local INS office. for other details u can check in immihelp.com

good luck

Another question

Another question arises after I read about the Advance Parole section in both ins.gov and immihelp.com website.
It is particularly mentioned that the AP is for people who are in adjustment of status and their H1/L1 visas had expired.
But, I still hold my H1B visa (expiration in Oct., 2003) and I did not apply EAD when filing I485.
So, my question is can I still apply AP with my valid H1B visa or should I apply EAD and AP together now? :confused:
If I get the AP, can I still keep my H1B visa after I come back America from my trip?:confused:

Thanks a lot.

NYC_NY,

U don't need AP if u have a valid and "in use" H1B. U'd need AP if u r using EAD and then H1B would become invalid.

There is no use applying for AP unless u plan to use EAD for employment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you, dma_va.

I just don't want to take the risk of being
rejected when applying H1B visa in American
embassy abroad. I would prefer to apply EAD
and AP together if I have to. :(