AP Question ?

samasya

Registered Users (C)
Recently when I came back to US, officer have stamped one of the AP copy and have given back to me. I got one more copy of AP. Due to my mother's surgery, I have to go back to india earlier this month. now I am planning to go back to US.

My question is, which copy will officer take when I go for immigration at US port? will they take the 1st one which has been stamped or the 2nd one which is not stamped?

if they use 2nd one, and if i need to go back to india again (as my mother is still in ICU) do I need to apply for new AP copies?

Please advice :(

I rentered the US, with my 2nd AP copy and got it stamped....But before leaving from the room, I asked officer - What should I do if I have to go before my AP validation expires? he said, I can use either one of the two copies...For this time also, it was not needed to show the 2nd copy...

Anyone got experience on the AP usage 2nd time with sealed copies?

You have experience now. You don't need anybody else's experience. The officer was right. Just because you have a stamped copy doesn't mean you can't use it again (as long as the AP itself is still valid). You can use it for multiple entries, as is stated on the document itself.