AP question .. Pls respond.

RD-dec19-01

Registered Users (C)
Hello all

Can anyone on the forum please share their experience on getting Emergency AP at local INS office in NYC. OR pls point me to the link if we have any here.

I need to apply for my wife. I need to know what all documents we need to carry. We have applied for her AP a month ago at VSC. I wanted to go try at local INS office with the AP receipt. Somebody pls respond.

Thanks alot.

Hey RD...

I did not apply in NYC but did so in NJ - at the NWK office. But here is my info. hope it helps in some way. My emergency AP was filed with the help of my lawyer though.

Since you did not put any of your immigration info. I am assuming that you have filed for your wife's 485 already? (AP is not obtainable with 485 filing - as I am sure you know)

He put togetehr all the copies of my approved I140 and my actual 485 application. He attached the required fee cheques made out to INS (this was more then 3 years ago). The AP form was filled and duly signed as well. All letters from my employer etc were attached as requested for in the AP form. Since my case is employement based - I also had a letter stating that I needed to out of the country on urgent business and needed the AP in order to travel.

Hope this helps.