AP Question for Gurus

greynicolls

Registered Users (C)
Our AP has expired on december 10th

We have applied on 9/20 for the renweal

My wife wants to travel this or next week

Can she travel now and later on when the renewal comes through, can she use the renewed Ap to come back

in addition to that once she is exiting which I-94 does she surrender to the airline

would appreciate any answers

Thanks for answering guys....

as u suggested cant travel if AP is expired and come back on renewed AP later on.

I called NSC n they gace me a fax number to send expedite request......(the I/O was very considerate) and i can't find that fax number now, I will post it later...

so i fax ed the expedite request on tuesday evening and in moday's mail there was a letter detailing how i dont meet the expedite criteria.....

so NSC does work efficiently when it is within the prescribed mysterious rules they follow :)

why i am smiling after all this, i think i am very close to being senile

happy holidays vacation to all of u

It all depends on the Officer at the Port of Entry. If he is nice enough he can let you in with the AP that was approved while you were outside the country. I had seen people having No Problem getting back in such a situation!

Do you really need to travel?

Unless until you must travel, I would encourage postpone the trip until you get the AP. You should typically apply for AP and EAD 90 days prior to experiation.

BTW.. contact your lawyer. They are the best one's to answer in this case.

- rspr

well i did apply well before 90 days...and i received a letter from NSC saying i do not meet the expedite criteria so i am not travelling....

The requirements to expedite an AP is posted in USCIS website, they need documentation which establishes emergency such as death in family / wedding / etc. The situation for an emergency is defined by USCIS, for ex, death in family is real emgency for which they need proof of death certificate, wedding is an emergency for which they need proof of wedding invitation, and if that is not met then AP will not be expedited.

wow, I am surprised that you received a snail mail about that, anyways it is a big NO to travel without her AP in hand.

The requirements to expedite an AP is posted in USCIS website, they need documentation which establishes emergency such as death in family / wedding / etc. The situation for an emergency is defined by USCIS, for ex, death in family is real emgency for which they need proof of death certificate, wedding is an emergency for which they need proof of wedding invitation, and if that is not met then AP will not be expedited.

wow, I am surprised that you received a snail mail about that, anyways it is a big NO to travel without her AP in hand.

I faxed them the expedite request with the wedding card (brother in law's wedding), and the fax wass sent tuesday at 5, and i received the snail mail with doesnt meet expedite criteria on monday