AP processing time: is it a joke ???

lbonneau

Registered Users (C)
Immigration managed to surprise me even more last week:

I got the receipt notice from the Nebraska Center for my renewal AP, and it says it takes between .480 to 510 days to process it !!!

I thought I was getting used to the incredible delays in everything, and in particular in the I-485, but this one tops them all !!!
I should probably start applying for 2 years from now (not sure how to do that though...), since it takes 1.5 years to process a document valid for only 1 year !!!!
At this point, the only thing left for us is to laugh, a surreal Kafka-like type fo laugh.

Is this really the United States of America ???

I got the same online msg but..

i mailed my renewal AP second week of january , and got an approval 2/27/o4

so dont lose hope

Originally posted by lbonneau
I got the receipt notice from the Nebraska Center for my renewal AP, and it says it takes between .480 to 510 days to process it !!!

I don't think that we ( ap while in AOS status) should worry about the this big number of days writen in the Receipt notice.. becasue as per one nice lady to whome I talked with on NCS customer service line ( last year in april, when each service center used to have local numbers..). she told that in the INS system they have only one # of day value field for all type of applications with in one I- type form and therefore in receipt they always write the max time which is taken to process that type of I- form .... but as per her the employment based AP are always processed faster them some other type of AP's...