AP potential problem?

CPlusPlusPlus

Registered Users (C)
I plan to use AP to travel. I had an arrest several years back in US and the case was dismissed. Would that be a potential problem when using AP? Thanks!

CPlusPlusPlus said:
I plan to use AP to travel. I had an arrest several years back in US and the case was dismissed. Would that be a potential problem when using AP? Thanks!
If your case was dismissed, then you were not guilty of anything.

So it shouldn't be a problem.

Again I'm not sure if they even care about a conviction when you use AP - I know they look for it when approving your 485. But in your case, its a no-brainer.

Thanks Max2k1!

In my case, when I use AP, do I need to bring any document in addition to my AP and passport? Would the immigration officer at the airport ever ask questions other than verifying your identity, including past arrest?

CPlusPlusPlus said:
Thanks Max2k1!

In my case, when I use AP, do I need to bring any document in addition to my AP and passport? Would the immigration officer at the airport ever ask questions other than verifying your identity, including past arrest?
No - you will over ever need your passport and AP document. You should take all copies you have of the AP (usually two or three), but they will most probably only look at and stamp one. They will most likely ask you one or two identification questions and may be some other 'status-related' question such as the name of the company that applied for your GC.