AP not received yet, visit to home country planned in a week

jhumkasrc

Registered Users (C)
My AP priority date is 28 Oct 2004.

Thinking that I would get the AP in due course, I booked a ticket for home country for 18 Feb 2005.

Currently AP date being processed is being shown as 9 Nov 2004. I should have received the AP in mail. But I have not.

My company's law firm (a reputed one - Fragomen) says that they cannot initiate an inquiry unless the priority date being processed is at least 30 days beyond that of mine, i.e. 28 Nov 2004 or more. In other words, they say, nothing can be done at this juncture but wait.

Seeing that my flight is in a little more than one week, is it at all possible for me to go to the relevant office and get the AP ?

Any insight will be greatly appreciated.

You can request an AP in the local office if and only if you can prove that the overseas trip is due to an emergency ( death in the family, serious illness in the family etc ) If it is not very serious then stick around till you get the AP in hand.

hathwar said:
You can request an AP in the local office if and only if you can prove that the overseas trip is due to an emergency ( death in the family, serious illness in the family etc ) If it is not very serious then stick around till you get the AP in hand.

Thank you, Hathwar.

Regards