AP mistake in name spelling

littlelittle

Registered Users (C)
I got my AP document today and my name was spelled wrong. :( And I was ready to book air tickets!
does anyone have the same experience? what should I do now? Please advise!!
I called the service center and the lady just told me to mail back the original AP document with an explanation letter.
Then how long it will take them to correct it then? this is so so frustrating!!

Please help! thanks in advance!

littlelittle said:
I got my AP document today and my name was spelled wrong. :( And I was ready to book air tickets!
My son had the same experience. First lawyer sent a note to Nebraska about the error - nothing happened. Then we went to local office - they told they can't do anything. Finally he used AP to go to home country and returned back without any problems. But I have to say the error was small - in the last name istead of one "l" ther were 2 "ll".

Thanks. I guess I am afraid of taking this risk. Anyone had good luck with the correction? I almost want to re- apply one. :(

I once had an AP with my birthdate wrong. But used it three times last year without any trouble. I suggest you send CIS an letter request correction, and bring a copy of letter with you when you enter US with AP. Hope this helps.

Thanks. But the lady told me I need to sumbit the original approval notice along with the explanation letter. Does that mean I can use the AP copy to get back to united states?

You'll need the original AP to get back to US. Send CIS a copy of AP when inquire. I can't imagine that you can enter US with a copy of AP.