Hi,

I talked to my lawyer and she says that INS probably
lost AP in mail, that means we'll have to refile for AP. When
I asked about WAC numbers for both AP and EAD, she
refuses to give me WACs. All along I thought that my WAC
for AOS was the WAC for EAD and AP too and never asked my
lawyer about it. My suspicion is that she forgot to file for
my AP/EAD alongwith AOS. I mean, INS losing AP in mail
being the reason for refiling of AP does NOT make sense.
My RD for AOS is august 10, 2002.

I want expert opinion of you guys. What should I do ?

Thanks,
-PK

Suggestion

You have 2 alternatives.

1) Apply for another one.
2) Apply for Duplicate.

If you apply for another one then there is a possiblility that the INS may decline it for the reason that they have already issued one to you which is going to be valid for a while.

Until few months back there was no way to get a duplicate copy of the AP because they used to paste the original photos on the petition. But now-a-days they scan the photos and hence a duplicate is possible.

I had the same experience with INS and my lawyer suggested me to apply for another one which I did.

In the meantime I faxed them the enquiries of the previous ones for a couple of times and the INS mailed me the approvals.

So I would suggest you to get the WAC #s from your attorney and send a fax to INS yourself. You can tell your attorney that you want to check the status of the same on the web. Since your numbers are new it's possible that they have still not acted upon those.

Hope it helps.

-Raj

my experience

My AP was approved acording AVM but never got it. After about 1 month, my lawyer called and INS said they will send a new one ( or old one?).

So just call INS and have them re-send.

Pa Ji's Experinece
-----------------------
My AP got approved on Sept 13..waited till Nov 1st..Then called lawyer to make an inquiry regarding it.

Meanwhile I thought I'll call INS and see what they say...they gave me a very stupid reply.."If U didn't receive it , then it means it is lost and you have to apply again."

But since my lawyer also made inquiry so I got it on Dec 02 (almost 80 days after it got approved).
So I would recommend you to ask your lawyer to make an inquiry regarding it:D :) :)

Last edited by a moderator:
My AP also got approved in Sept 2nd week and I did not receive. Hence after exactly 90days of applying the original AP I took a copy of the receipt notice to the local office and they issued me one without asking any questions. My lawyer also said that they would inquire with INS CSC to see if it can reissue but I did not have the patience and I just went to the local office and they issued without any problems...

My 2 cents