AP issue

Ram Reddy

Registered Users (C)
Anybody filers in the month aug 17th 2007, let me know
i got EAD, FP, not yet Advance paroll(all checks cashed)
AP status:Oct 12 received and pending
planning to visit INDIA ASAP
Appreciate ur help with this issue

does anyone know if AP will have validity from the date issued or from the date filed and valid for just 1 year since then? I am asking since I have applied on Aug 1st and planning to visit home next year in Oct want to know if I will have to reapply for AP prior to that trip

Date of approval and At the time you enter united states using, it should be valid.

I filed my EAD and AP on 16th Aug'07. My receipt date is 24th Aug at NSC.
My case is still showing pending online and I am still waiting for approval.
Anyone here who got their EAD and AP who filed on Aug'07 ? Please let me know?........ Thanks

does anyone know if AP will have validity from the date issued or from the date filed and valid for just 1 year since then? I am asking since I have applied on Aug 1st and planning to visit home next year in Oct want to know if I will have to reapply for AP prior to that trip

AP is valid from the date is it is issued i.e. the approval date on the date. It is valid for 1 year. You can travel anytime/multiple time during that period i.e. if you have asked for multiple entries.

yes i understand that part now. but do i need to have a valid ead card in order to enter the country with a valid AP? the reason I ask is my ead expires in oct 07 but i still haven't received my ap so wondering if I have a valid AP will I need to renew Ead in order to enter the country using AP?

Are you working right now? If yes, are you on EAD or H1?
If your H1 is valid and you come back using EAD, you can resume work using H1 only and you don't need EAD.
On the other hand, If you are working on EAD and come back using AP, you need a valid EAD to resume work.
AP has nothing to do with EAD. AP will allow you to enter, but you need work authorization (EAD or H1) to work.

AP renter to US status chnage question

I am currently on H1B status. I have got my EAD and AP.
I am planning to go to India and re-enter using AP.
My Questions
1. Does it change my status when I re-enter?
2. I don't have I-140 approved . So it is safe to go get the H1B stamped and re-enter and wait for I-140 approval.
3.Will there be problem if I get query on I 140 after I renter on EAD.
3. Considering the status changes to EAD can I move to H1B if required. My H1B is still valid for a year.

Thanks in Advance

they don't ask for EAD when you are entering the US....

to answer original thread... AP filed July 24th.. approved last week from NSC.

Write letters to Senator/congressman/FirstLady/FirstMonkey to expedite your case.

I had been waiting for my first EAD approval for almost 5 months (Aug 07 to Dec 07, TSC) and finally I decided to get an infopass appointment. The next day after I booked my appoinment my card was ordered and then I had to cancell my infopass.

I don't know if I was just lucky or they noticed the long waiting period after I requested infopass and processed my EAD.

My AP had already been approved.