AP information from IO

immi1974

Registered Users (C)
My AP was applied in oct 2007 and online status show still pending. Now due to family emergency I need to travel in next couple of weeks. So I called USICS today and explained the family emergency, then I came to know that it is already approved on 1st December.

I told them online status shows it is pending & i havent recvd notice yet. He suggested, wait for at least two weeks to get the notice.

Now I am not sure if information is reliable or not. I can wait for one week if information is correct.
Is it possible that his internal status is different than external online status? Also may be external online status is not updated yet. Is it possible approval notice is already sent without online status updated? Is there any way I can get my documents ASAP.

Please let me know thanks in advance

Yes

Yes it is possible. I can't see my case online and I called 3 times in the last 3 weeks and ever single agent told me that the case is still processing.
They do not necessarily update the system right away.
Can you tell me about your case? Where did you file? And about your time line. I am in the same situation waiting for my AP and need to leave for family emergency ASAP.

Ap

I applied my AP on 16th of Aug'07 at NSC and my case is also showing pending online. I also need to go to India due to some emergency.
I can't find the telephone no. to call about my pending case. Can you please provide the phone no. which i can call and talk with someone about my case?
Thanks...

TO speak with Immigration Officer

call 18003755283
enter 1, 2, 2, 6, 1
then your receipt number
then 1, 3, 4
and wait for the rep

Yes it is possible. I can't see my case online and I called 3 times in the last 3 weeks and ever single agent told me that the case is still processing.
They do not necessarily update the system right away.
Can you tell me about your case? Where did you file? And about your time line. I am in the same situation waiting for my AP and need to leave for family emergency ASAP.

My case is in TSC, applied in early oct 2007..called many times and got consistence information that it is approved on 1st December but document is not printed and dispatched.
IO told me that it will be sent anytime soon. I am waiting for almost more than week & so far now no LUD ,no mail. Not sure what to do..

My case is in TSC, applied in early oct 2007..called many times and got consistence information that it is approved on 1st December but document is not printed and dispatched.
IO told me that it will be sent anytime soon. I am waiting for almost more than week & so far now no LUD ,no mail. Not sure what to do..

just checked my online status and finally status shows it is approved.

On December 17, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I131 APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT

Hopefully i will get it in couple of days.

just checked my online status and finally status shows it is approved.

On December 17, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I131 APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT

Hopefully i will get it in couple of days.

Please post when exactly you'll receive the document in the mail. The status of my AP shows "mailed approval" since Nov 27 but I still did not receive it in the mail. There are a lot of people that report similar delays for AP documents. If you need it soon don't wait for long.

Please post when exactly you'll receive the document in the mail. The status of my AP shows "mailed approval" since Nov 27 but I still did not receive it in the mail. There are a lot of people that report similar delays for AP documents. If you need it soon don't wait for long.

Thanks a lot for the info.. I thought it's over but based on ur info i am worried now.
I am going to talk to IO today. Did you talk to them? Did u asked if it is already dispatched? My understanding is is after message is changed to "notice sent" we should get it in couple of days.

Yup....Worried....No Kidding

My wife's AP was also approved on Nov27 (CSC). We (Me or My attorney) have no received it yet. This makes 2 of us (me and tennis_court). Message never changed to "Notice Sent".

On top of that no expediate procedure available now because it is already approved.

Is there a way out of this????

Let us keep connected via this thread.

Thanks a lot for the info.. I thought it's over but based on ur info i am worried now.
I am going to talk to IO today. Did you talk to them? Did u asked if it is already dispatched? My understanding is is after message is changed to "notice sent" we should get it in couple of days.

immi1974 and rahulpaper,

I actually got the AP documents from my attorney today Dec 18th. I was thinking that really something happened with these documents but they did arrive and I can use them now :) see the sig.

It is a bit strange though that I see two different SRCXXXXXXXX numbers on both of these documents. I am not sure if this is usual or not. When I look both of them up online, both say "Approval notice sent". However, only one of them was on the original AP receipt that I got in October. I never knew about the other one until today. What is more interesting is that the second number was approved in the beginning of November and the second one mid November, both before my finger prints appointment. Again, I thought that the AP is received only after the finger prints because I saw that the online status of my AP turned to "Approval notice send" on the day of the Finger Prints.

I hope this helps and that you also get these documents really soon now as a lot of people are planning to go home and spend time with their family.

Congratulations and Thanks...tennis_court

Congratulations and Thanks.

immi1974 and rahulpaper,

I actually got the AP documents from my attorney today Dec 18th. I was thinking that really something happened with these documents but they did arrive and I can use them now :) see the sig.

It is a bit strange though that I see two different SRCXXXXXXXX numbers on both of these documents. I am not sure if this is usual or not. When I look both of them up online, both say "Approval notice sent". However, only one of them was on the original AP receipt that I got in October. I never knew about the other one until today. What is more interesting is that the second number was approved in the beginning of November and the second one mid November, both before my finger prints appointment. Again, I thought that the AP is received only after the finger prints because I saw that the online status of my AP turned to "Approval notice send" on the day of the Finger Prints.

I hope this helps and that you also get these documents really soon now as a lot of people are planning to go home and spend time with their family.

Congratulations and Thanks.

How much time it takes to receive AP approved notice after online status changed to “Notice Sent”???

My case is approved on Dec 17 and online status shows that "Notice Sent".
I called many times and talk to IO and they are saying they can not do anything because it is already approved and notice is sent. They checked my address & everything is correct. They are saying they can not do anything and i need wait at least for one month to receive the document (until Jan17). They can take action only after 1 month of approval. I already have cancelled and rebooked on JAN 8.

I have some emergency not sure what to do, so frustrated now.

How much time it takes to receive AP approved notice after online status changed to “Notice Sent”???

My case is approved on Dec 17 and online status shows that "Notice Sent".
I called many times and talk to IO and they are saying they can not do anything because it is already approved and notice is sent. They checked my address & everything is correct. They are saying they can not do anything and i need wait at least for one month to receive the document (until Jan17). They can take action only after 1 month of approval. I already have cancelled and rebooked on JAN 8.

I have some emergency not sure what to do, so frustrated now.

Finally... my lawyer received approval notice today 3rd week after approval message changed to "Notice Sent".

Finally... my lawyer received approval notice today 3rd week after approval message changed to "Notice Sent".

Good luck.
You say that you had emergency and had to change the dates.

In fact, you could have gone to your local office and got AP same day.

I did that for my self. My AP was pending and I went to local office with documentary proof of emergency situation. They gave AP for my wife and my self in two hours.

I also called SC and explained emergency situation to IO. IO asked me to fax the document to a specific number, which I did. AP for my wife and my self were sent by service center in 24 hours overnight express early 8 AM delivery. I could not believe it.

When you have real emergency situation, speak up. They do respond.

When exactly did your AP status change from approved to document sent?

When exactly did your AP status change from approved to document sent?