AP I-94 Expired. Is this a cause of concern?

optimistv2006

Registered Users (C)
I traveled out of the country and entered USA in Jan 2006 using AP that was valid until Jul 2006. I received an I-94 stamped accordingly (AOS) with an expiry of Jan 2007.

So now that my I-94 has expired, does it affect my present status ? My AOS (I485) is still pending. I have an EAD and new AP valid until Aug 2007. I also have the approval notice for my H1B - extended up until Jul 2009.

Just wondering if there is anything I need to do. From what I understand, as long as my AOS (I485) is pending and I have a valid EAD, I shouldn't have to worry even though my the I-94 in my passport (that's associated with my last travel using the AP) has expired. Is that correct ???
Just wanted to confirm with the experts here ;)

Thanks,
OV

Your understanding is correct. You can ignore the fact that the I-94 has expired.

Sounds like you already have two perfectly valid reasons to be here legally, H1 and pending I485. You have nothing to worry about, the reentry I94 is just a formality.

That's what I figured. But my attorney seems to think otherwise and is recommending that I take a trip to Canada and re-enter in order to get a new I-94 stamp. ???

-OV

optimistv2006 said:
That's what I figured. But my attorney seems to think otherwise and is recommending that I take a trip to Canada and re-enter in order to get a new I-94 stamp. ???

-OV
Either your attorney genuinely doesn't understand the law, which would be worrying because you can't be his first client that has been in this situation, or he owns shares in a Canadian travel operator. ;)