AP Filing and travel question

rajyar99

We are planning a trip to India in July end and my wife want to stay there 4 or 5 months. but her AP is going to expire on October end.
Can she apply now at NSC(our GC process started there,we stay at dallas)..?
Current processing time shows April 10. I guess it will take 2 or 3 months to get approval.
if she apply now and after one month, Can she request for Emergency travel docs at local INS office..? Is there any problems if she follow above process..?
She is applying 3rd time renewal of AP and she never used any AP before..

Please share your ideas about this situation.

Thanks inadvance..

rajyar99 said:
We are planning a trip to India in July end and my wife want to stay there 4 or 5 months. but her AP is going to expire on October end.
------------ she should be back BEFORE AP expires
Can she apply now at NSC(our GC process started there,we stay at dallas)..?
----------- yes she can apply
Current processing time shows April 10. I guess it will take 2 or 3 months to get approval.
----------AP is taking 3 months for approval
if she apply now and after one month, Can she request for Emergency travel docs at local INS office..?
--------------- Local office will ask the documents for Emergency
Is there any problems if she follow above process..?
------------- Better she should be back before the AP expires or apply new AP and should go out when she gets new AP approved in hands
She is applying 3rd time renewal of AP and she never used any AP before..

Please share your ideas about this situation.

Thanks inadvance..

Thanks ginnu.

how many days before can she has to come back to the expiration date.
Right now the date of expiration of AP is Oct 26th, 2 to 3 weeks before is OK..?
any concerns..?

rajyar99 said:
Thanks ginnu.

--------- better reach 4-5 days advance if any flight delay person can be in problems
Right now the date of expiration of AP is Oct 26th, 2 to 3 weeks before is OK..?
-----------that is ok
any concerns..?

rajyar99 said:
Thanks ginnu.

any concerns..?
She can come anyday upto and including the "valid until" date that is printed on the AP.