AP experience at SFO airport?

2002calabor

Registered Users (C)
We are planning to travel to Indian soon and will be using AP to return. Can anyone post their AP experience at SFO?
1. What docs to carry?
2. What copies to carry?
3. Secondary inspection expected?
4. Any specific questions at the port of entry?

We are planning to travel to Indian soon and will be using AP to return. Can anyone post their AP experience at SFO?
1. What docs to carry?
2. What copies to carry?
3. Secondary inspection expected?
4. Any specific questions at the port of entry?

I got a stupid officer at SFO
Nothing special, asked where and how did I get an AP. Asked for business card and finally stamped I-94 with strange stamp and fill in "paroled until:" by an expiration date of my AP instead of 1 year.

1. carry all copies of AP. Sometimes they keep one copy, sometimes they only stamp and return back the copy. I had one copy and the officer was insisting that he wants to keep it. I had to ask him how will I travel in future, then he asks me if I am really planning to travel, because he wants to keep the only copy I had. He was bit frustrated that he cannot keep the copy. He kinda says that this is ridiculous, then goes and makes a photocopy, keeps it, packs his bag and says he's done for the day.
2. Keep copy of I-1485 (I was once advised by a Border patrol agent at TX-AZ border to carry copy of I-485 at all times)
3. As a precaution, you can carry some document which can prove that you work for some company. although, no one has ever asked me for this one, but nonetheless, I carry it .