AP Experience at Bombay/Chennai airport

venkatsri

Registered Users (C)
Hi friends,

Anyone please share your Advance Parole experience at Bombay/Chennai airport? How the airline officials will respond by showing the AP at the ticket counter?
Because i am flying from chennai to detroit via bombay next month.

Tnx,

VKT

Which airline you are flying? My travel agent has asked me to call the airline in advance & confirm with them that AP would be OK.

we also flew jet airways/northwest. we encountered no problem at all upon using AP at the Bombay airport. the process was as smooth as can be. at detroit make sure you go to the line that is for permanent residents and citizens at the immigration check. there too we faced no problems and the officers were courteous.

That is really nice to hear.

I guess you changed planes at Amsterdam. Did you have transit visa?

How did the officials react to AP in India?

Did US officials ask any questions regarding job/employer etc? (My case is little complicated since I'm using AC21.)

details

Hi betsy,

Thanks for your reply. When did you made the trip? Is it recently?
Do i need to handover AP original or copy is enough for them?
Did you taken any amesterdam transit visa?

My POE is minneapolis while returning.

VKT

My wife's AP has the middle name a little different. It has an extra "a" at the end. I was wondering how safe is it to travel with the AP. Will there be any problems in mumbai or boston airport while coming back. I wanted your opinion on what they check when you are AP and is it advisable to travel with this small .
It will be very depressing to go through the whole 131 process again just to make this small change.
Please advice.
regards.

atlantabhopali said:
draquis,

You should be ok. Small typographical errors are pretty common in immigration docs.

goodluck!

-ab

First time I came to US in 1997, my name was completely screwed up on the H1 Approval Document. The name was correct on Passport, Visa, even the SSN was good.

I realized when I was renewing after 2 years that my last name did not even exist on the H1, it was my Middle name. :)

I fixed it at the time of renewal.

Ahemdabad (Gujarat) - AP

Anyone have experience on Ahemdabad Airport when you traveled on AP ? How is safe to travel back to USA on AP. My PP is rejected revalidation Visa. Reason for rejection needs to go oversee for stamping.

Thanks,

Last edited by a moderator: