AP & EAD question

gcinus

Registered Users (C)
Hi everybody,

I applied for my EAD and AP while in the US in December 2002. My H1B at the time was valid till August 2003. I had to leave the country in January 2003 to work on an offshore project and while I've been here in India, my EAD and AP were approved in April 2003.

Now, I need to go back to the US in December this year. Since, my H1B has expired (and no extension was applied for), I plan on using my AP while returning.

My questions:
1. Would I be questioned at the POE as to why I left the US while my AP was still not approved at that time?
2. Now that I don't have an H1 visa, can I continue to work using my EAD either for the sponsoring employer or any other? (It has been more than 6 months since EAD was approved).
3. Do any of you more experienced folks, have any advice or suggestions for me to be aware of at the POE?

All advice will be greatly appreciated.

FYI, my case is pending at the VSC under EB3.

Thanks very much.

I applied for my EAD and AP while in the US in December 2002. My H1B at the time was valid till August 2003. I had to leave the country in January 2003 to work on an offshore project and while I've been here in India, my EAD and AP were approved in April 2003.

Now, I need to go back to the US in December this year. Since, my H1B has expired (and no extension was applied for), I plan on using my AP while returning.

My questions:
1. Would I be questioned at the POE as to why I left the US while my AP was still not approved at that time?
--- May be. you MUST read below site:
http://www.immigration.gov/graphics/services/Emergency/index.htm#Advanced
http://www.immigration.gov/graphics/howdoi/travdoc.htm

2. Now that I don't have an H1 visa, can I continue to work using my EAD either for the sponsoring employer or any other? (It has been more than 6 months since EAD was approved).
-- if you are allowed in US then you can work with EAD with sponsoring employer
3. Do any of you more experienced folks, have any advice or suggestions for me to be aware of at the POE?
----- read the link posted above