AP/EAD applications online

Ellada Hadjisav

Registered Users (C)
Everyone,
Please assist me if you have applied for your AP/EAD online. I have never turned anything online and wanted to hear from you guys. Is it easy? How long does it take to hear something? Do I mail paper documents via mail? Please let me know. I want to apply for my husband whose 485 has been pending.

I am looking forward to hearing from you.
Ellada

I have just applied for AP/EAD online

Hi,

I have applied for renewal of my AP/EAD online yesterday. The procedure in it self is very simple. You will basically fill in the application online and you are going to get a confirmation. You are suppose to send the supporting documents along with a copy of the confirmation via regular mail. Also, you can jointly file for both AP and EAD at the same time.

However, I think USCIS is currently having some problems processing credit card payments. When I submitted the application, I got an "Action Needed" message. I contacted USCIS and they said that the payment should go through in 2-3 days. I am hoping that the application process is as easy as it looks :rolleyes:

Thanks

kasri,
Thanks for your input. Can you please give me some links were to go to? I go to the USCIS webpage where it says forms but then I am not sure if I have the right information in front of me.

Thanks,
Ellada

I did not efile. I sent the documents and application via courier. I sent my EAD and AP for myself and my wife on Oct 24.
USCIS received on 25th.
My cheque cleared on 27th.
On the back of the cheque I got my SRC receipt nos.
The receipt nos were available for online status check on 29th.
There were LUDs on 30/31st Oct.
Got physical receipts on 30th.
On Nov 5, my EAD showed approved.
On Nov 8, i received our EADs.
On Nov 9 (today), AP shows approved.

Texas is fast in these applications. I wish it was same for GC.

I did not efile. We sent our EAD and parole renewals (mine and spouse) on 16th Oct. We got renewed EADs on 26th after LUD on 21st. Parole had LUD on 4th Nov and email says its been approved.

Hence sending it via USPS also works.

Thank You

Thank you guys for sharing your experiences. I hope I get an answer as fast as you have with your APs! I will do it right now!
Ellada

Address

yoginm73,
Which address did you mail your AP and EAD at? Did you send a cashier's check? 170$?
Thanks,
Ellada

yoginm73 said:
I did not efile. I sent the documents and application via courier. I sent my EAD and AP for myself and my wife on Oct 24.
USCIS received on 25th.
My cheque cleared on 27th.
On the back of the cheque I got my SRC receipt nos.
The receipt nos were available for online status check on 29th.
There were LUDs on 30/31st Oct.
Got physical receipts on 30th.
On Nov 5, my EAD showed approved.
On Nov 8, i received our EADs.
On Nov 9 (today), AP shows approved.

Texas is fast in these applications. I wish it was same for GC.

I also applied yesterday EAD and Advance Parole concurent, the procedure was simple. But have one question :Along with the supporting document do i need to send the color photographs also for AP, as I filled concurrently and going to schedule an appointment for Fingerprint and photo.

Pl advice

TIA

Ellada Hadjisav, I am planning to go to regual filing

Hi Ellada,

For some reason, my efile did not go through. I think USICS is having problems with processing the payment and they suggested that I refile the applications again.

I think I had enough, so going to go ahead and use the regular (paper based) procedure.

Can some one tell me the address to which these forms needs to be mailed?
Can I send both I-765/I-131 together (conurrently)?

Thanks in advance

me too

Ksari,
I mailed the application traditionally too. I was too nervous with the efiling. I mailed it to the address that's on the I-485 Receipt Notice. I am not sure if you can send the 2 concurrently.

Good luck!
Ellada