AP concerns, please advice.

JLiu

Registered Users (C)
Anybody knows any new restrictions with using AP to return US?
It seems there are a lot of new enforcements with immi-relatied laws, like F2 could not changed to F1 any more in US, Appling AP must be interviewed in local INS office before approval, etc.

If I use AP, what kind of documents I should bring with AP? is the following docs are enough? == EAD card, I-485 receipt copy, employer letter, several pay-stubs. Anything else?

Please help!

No Title

In reality no other documents are required. But if you have EAD Carry it. But most of the time AP people will have to face a Secondary Check. But never worry for it. Actually speaking H visa holders doesnt need AP. Search For Advance Parole in Google and in one of the .gov web sites you will see that Hvisa holders doesnt need AP while Adjustments are pending unless H1B becomes invalid

No Title

Here is the link i am talking about

http://www.ins.usdoj.gov/graphics/publicaffairs/advisories/advisory.htm

Copied From Web Site
--------------------

Q2. Who needs Advance Parole?

A2. Aliens in the United States who have an emergent personal or bona fide reason to travel temporarily abroad and who have:

An application for adjustment of status pending;
Been granted benefits under the Family Unity Program;
Been granted Temporary Protected Status; or
An asylum application pending.
Note: Aliens holding valid H-1 (temporary worker in a specialty occupation) or L-1 (intra-company transferee) visas and their dependants who have filed for adjustment of status do not have to file for Advance Parole as long as they maintain their non-immigrant status.

Note: An alien who has been admitted as a refugee or has been granted asylum does not need to obtain advance parole, but will require a Refugee Travel Document in order to re-enter the United States after travelling abroad. An application for a Refugee Travel Document must be filed on INS Form I-131, as described in A4 below.

End Of Copied Portion
---------------------

But Dont Forget To CrossCheck take this is as an advice

485 receits and Advance Parole

I\'ve got next sitiuation.
Me and my wife had a I-485 receipt, but our daughter didn\'t. Can we apply for advance parole for her without receipt?