AP - class of admission

rk3316

Registered Users (C)
What is the meaning of the field 'class of admission' (field # 3 under Part 1) in AP application form # I - 131?

R

'class of admission' will be ... On which document which you enter last in USA>..

If you entered using the H1 then it will be H1B and ,..... if you are still using H1 to work then your current status will also be H1B... but if you started working using EAD then your calls of admission will still be same (H1B) but your current status will be AOS ...

New Advance Parole Application Form, I-131, and "Class of Admission" Question

Sometimes, when the government makes a change in the form, they publish it without detailed instructions. In the new form, the government added a new item in the form in Part 1, "Class of Admission." Some people enter the U.S. in one type of nonimmigrant classification and change the status to another type of nonimmigrant classification. For instance, from F-1 to H-1B, B-2 to F-1, etc. Which one people should write in? According to the immigration authorities, it is the "current" nonimmigrant classification. Thus, those who changed his/her nonimmigrant status should write the new nonimmigrant visa class in this item of the I-131 form.

It appears that this question is asked to determine whether the applicant is ineligible for I-131. In the Advance Parole context, the applicant is ineligible if he/she was or is in a J-1 exchange visitor status being subject to two-year foreign residency requirement or he/she is in exclusion, deportation, removal or recission proceedings.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Source: http://www.immigration-law.com/
Breaking News Archive VI
(11/01/2002 - 02/28/2003)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

What if I entered already using AP, ano want another?
I have I-485 pending and my H1B expired.
What should I write then?
thanks

One more question,
in Part 7. is this required to write some explenation
why i need AP ?
It states in this paragraph: "on seperate sheet of paper, explain
how you qualify for AP etc...."

If yes, what is the "good" reason to give?
thanks

Write anything like visiting parents or vacations they don’t care for the reason of visit