AP - BCIS address - urgent question

Atri123

Registered Users (C)
I have the p.o.box address for sending the AP applications from the CSC guidelines. But, in the previous page in the same guidelines, it says,

DIRECT MAIL
The following address is used for overnight delivery (Federal Express, UPS, etc.) or bonded courier
delivery:
California Service Center
24000 Avila Road, 2nd Floor, Room 2302
Laguna Niguel, CA 92677
Please ensure that postage is paid in full. The CSC will not accept mail for which postage is due.

Does that mean, I can send my AP application overnight to this address?

Also, can I send two AP applications (mine and my spouse's) in seperate envelopes, but in the same package by courier/overnight mail?

Thanks for your help.

Last edited by a moderator:
From what I heard. PO box mails are not guranteed overnite. dont know how that works but someone has to sign it on the other end.

Originally posted by mygcwaiter100
From what I heard. PO box mails are not guranteed overnite. dont know how that works but someone has to sign it on the other end.

That's why BCIS have given a seperate street address for overnight mail. But, my question is, is it ok to send applications to this street address, as there is no mention about that. The guidelines is talking about sending the RFE response or similar communications to this address.

http://shusterman.com/pdf/csc2003.pdf
-is the guidelines. See page 9

Yes Just checkit it. It is on BCIS site. But if I were you i would call the NSC and ask them just incase. You dont wanna make a mistake like that.

just my 2 cents....

Don't take risk

I would recommend not taking any risk here. I mailed my and my wife's packages out separately on 5/26 using USPS plain mail and received receipts around 6/1 with NDs of 5/30.

I sent EAD application by USPS priority mail which allows Internet tracking and it worked just fine, receipts in 5 days.

Express mail

I sent my wife's AP application with FedEx last month (overnight mail.) I got a notice in 4 days. The Notice date was the day they received the application.
I don't think you should have any problem.

Thanks for your replies.

I figured that there wont be any issues and sent the applications overnight.

Will update here as soon as I get the receipts.

Atri123

so you will be sending the your Application by overnight mail to the Street Address not to the P.O.Box ??? right..

i think i have to do the Same.

thank you

I sent both mine and my spouse's 2nd AP application and papers in seperate envelopes but in one package to BCIS by overnight USPS mail. It got delivered the next day 9:30am (Sept 12th).

Mail got delivered to BCIS street address - 09/12 9:30am
Checks deposited - 9/16
Checks Cleared and debited in my account - 9/18

Yet to receive the receipts.
I will update as soon as we get the receipts.

Thanks for your suggestions/comments.
Good luck to you all.

AP receipts

I received our AP application receipts in the mail today.

Mine WAC-03-258-5***** RD 09/12, ND 09/15

My spouse's WAC-03-258-5**** RD 09/12, ND 09/15

The receipt says that it takes 30 to 60 days for processing this type of cases from the date of receipt.

As per JIT, they are processing 5/5. As per the Liason meeting summary they said that they are going to speed up AP/EAD and 485. Are they going to make this so fast that it will be approved in 30 to 60 days???

Too good to beleive, but nice to hear.