AP based entry (no valid stamped visa) experiences

bayou_desi

Registered Users (C)
I would like to solicit expereinces from folks who have entered the US with AP (with no valid stamped visa). I will be traveling in March and would like to know if one is expected to produce original I-485, I-140 receipt notices or any other document(s), other then the AP itself.
I heard of a story recently where the person was asked for the I-485 receipt and was told that new rules required that you show original I-485 receipt. The person was not allowed entry for a few hours, although finally she was.
Is there a checklist of documents that would be prudent to carry when entering with an AP?
Please share your comments/experiences in this regard.
Thanks.

I (had valid stamp) and my husband (did not have valid stamp) travelled with AP in December on different dates - before the new fingerprinting and photograph policy implemented.

When we said that we were entering on AP, the officer took us to another officer. We had to just show them our AP. No questions asked. They stamped one out of three AP documents. For me the officer kept 1 copy. but for my husband they returned all three copies to him.