AP - awaiting

newtov8

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I have applied for AP (renewal)and had to leave US due to emergency. I tried to get the AP at local office, but they said that since my 485 was filed at the NSC service center, I should be asking them.

Any way, I am out of US now. I have the LIN# for my AP application. BCIS website is showing that this type of case is taking 299 days to 350 days for processing.

I am wondering is that's the case I won't be able to return to US for 1 year and in the meantime if my 485 gets processed, I will not get my green card.

Please suggest what are my options to get back to US after next 3 weeks. Is it taking this long to process AP application. Last time I got my AP with 3 weeks. My receipt date is 13 May 03.

Thanks a lot in advance for your help.

Any one in similar situation?

newtov8

I won't be of too much help, but my wife has the same situation. She is out of the US now and was expecting to come back in 90 days. But she is basically stuck there. Her receipt date is 1/17/2003 and no sign of approval yet. Her case is at NSC and the website says 320 - 355 days for AP approval. I'm expecting the worst case scenario.

I really feel your pain. Waiting may be the only way out for now.

Thanks