AP arrived, how long should I wait for EAD?

mes127

Registered Users (C)
Hello everyone,

I have a valid TN visa (work visa for Canadian) till July 2008 and I need to travel for business. I already received my AP, but not my EAD. and if I leave the country on my arrival and after stamping my AP my TN would not be valid anymore and I need EAD to be on the payrol.

My I-675 and I-131 both filed on Aug. 16th 2007. My file is processed in TSC and based on their timeline processing for AP should take longer than EAD. My FP appointment is for the next week (code 3).

1- Does it mean that they need my picture to issue my EAD?
2- Is there anyway I expedite my EAD? (maybe interim EAD?)

Thank you

Hello everyone,

I have a valid TN visa (work visa for Canadian) till July 2008 and I need to travel for business. I already received my AP, but not my EAD. and if I leave the country on my arrival and after stamping my AP my TN would not be valid anymore and I need EAD to be on the payrol.

My I-675 and I-131 both filed on Aug. 16th 2007. My file is processed in TSC and based on their timeline processing for AP should take longer than EAD. My FP appointment is for the next week (code 3).

1- Does it mean that they need my picture to issue my EAD?
2- Is there anyway I expedite my EAD? (maybe interim EAD?)

Thank you

• Code 3 for the pending I485 and has nothing to do at all with pending EAD.
  • If you file EAD electronically, you will receive another separete biometrics
    No relation between the the time of AP approval and that of EAD
  • To expedite the EAD you must be post 90 days of application (you can start requesting expedite service after 75 days) based on many factors mainly humanitarian reason.
  • No interim EAD anymore but you may take an Infopass (after 90 days) and the center will send you an email to TSC asking for expadite request.
  • Any RFE for the I-485 or the EAD will stop the clock and the count will start again
from 0 day after the immigration recieve the reply for that RFE.

Last edited by a moderator: