AP approved while waiting for I-485

GcNov2004

Registered Users (C)
Just now received e-mails informing approval of AP.

Regarding I-485 I spoke to IO at TSC today and the officer told that our case is allocated with visa and everything is ready. After insisting that how you can approve when visa bulletin says EB is unavailable, we allocated visas and if they want us to approve with the allocated we will otherwise we will not.
For time line he said anytime, after stressing for more he said 30-60 days from today!!!

Does AP approved means, I-485 will not be approved now? I am worried now.

AP approval doesn't mean anything. People have gotten EAD and AP approved shortly before, or even months after, the I-485 approval.

Is EAD and I485 connected?

Hi MD_Rockville,

When shall I expect my EAD?:)

Thanks,
PD: Dec-11-2002, AD: Mar'3rd, 2007
Concurrent I140/I485: RD: May'1st, 2007
I140: AD:May, 15th, 2007
I485: LUD, FP 5/24, 5/25, 5/29 AD:?
Advance Parole: AD: Mid June.
EAD: AD ?

AP and 485 approvals are not connected .. don't worry ...

My 4th EAD was Approved last week and yesterday I got emails regarding my AP approval too, I really think they are not connected to 485.
But I think they might clear dependent cases (AP & EAD) before approving 485.

My 4th EAD was Approved last week and yesterday I got emails regarding my AP approval too, I really think they are not connected to 485.
But I think they might clear dependent cases (AP & EAD) before approving 485.

Well they are derivatives of I-485 but their approval has nothing to do with GC approval

Just need the EAD at this point

Hi guys,

I don't understand why it's taking so long for my EAD to be approved. It was filed 04/23/07 I only saw a LUD after Biometrics nothing since then but I have seen LUD on my I-485 on 06/25/07. Can anyone help understand this? See my signature below.

Thanks

I'm in same boat as you. Last week recd my AP in mail, but online status still hasn't changed to approved. My 485 became current this month. Did you had any LUD after FP2 or recently when a visa was assigned to you?

Just now received e-mails informing approval of AP.

Regarding I-485 I spoke to IO at TSC today and the officer told that our case is allocated with visa and everything is ready. After insisting that how you can approve when visa bulletin says EB is unavailable, we allocated visas and if they want us to approve with the allocated we will otherwise we will not.
For time line he said anytime, after stressing for more he said 30-60 days from today!!!

Does AP approved means, I-485 will not be approved now? I am worried now.

Thanks DSLstart

Your 485 activity may be because your case got a visa number assigned.

I sure hope I got a visa number assigned. I thought that people who are from countries other than retrogressed countries automatically got visa numbers assigned since their PD is always Current. I would appraciate if anyone could clarify on this...

Thanks,