AP approved... Can I leave yet???

kad

Registered Users (C)
I just recieved an email Thursday night stating:
On December 14, 2006, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I131 APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT.

(The application was at MSC, by the way).

Does this mean I have AP status? Can I leave the country now, or do I need to wait for the notice to be mailed to me. OR, do I need to wait even longer for some other document to be mailed? When I come back across the border (Canada), will I need to show some paperwork other than my I-495 receipt notice?

Thanks.

Ok. Is it realistic to expect that by Dec 23? The approval notice was sent Dec 14.

Thanks.

Can you please post your notice you received regarding your AP?

I just received the following notice. Does this mean my AP is approved? Thanks

The last processing action taken on your case
Receipt Number: LIN XXXX
Application Type: I131 , APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT

Current Status: Document OTHER THAN CARD manufactured and mailed.

On December 15, 2006, we mailed the document we manufactured based on
our earlier approval of this case, and mailed it to the address on we
have on file. You should receive the new document within 30 days. If you
do not, or if you move before you get it, call customer service.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Status: Approval notice sent.

On December 14, 2006, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I131 APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

*Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov under Case Status & Processing Dates.
*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

I received the exact same notice VIA EMAIL as Kad. Still waiting for something in the mail. This is my first time requesting an AP..even I don't know what the AP document looks like.

Anyone who does know, and above users, please continue to post details of your AP contents. Thanks in advance.

kad, from your last post...what I am guessing is that you will get an AP card that they "manufactured" which is your "travel document". You have just received a notice that they have mailed the card to you. Pretty similar to the EAD approval...they send you a notice saying "we have mailed a card we manufactured"...the card arrives later.

Below is the email I received on Dec 8th. As of today, Dec 20th...I haven't received anything in the mail.
Question for dux124: How long did it take for you to receive your "on Dec 15th..." notice after you got a similar notice (below)...or did you even get such a notice?
---------------------------
Receipt Number: MSCXXXXXXXXXXX

Application Type: I131, APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT

Current Status: Approval notice sent.

On December 8, 2006, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I131 APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.
---------------------------------

I also understand that AP stuff is sent to your lawyer (if you have one) and not to you directly, so you might want to check with him/her. I'm hoping mine can send it to me before Saturday (he seems pretty optimistic about it).

Also got my EAD approved today! Things are finally moving along.

Update

They sent the AP to me (not to my lawyer) on December 23. It did not arrive until I returned from my trip so I was unable to go to Canada. Also received my EAD (I had that before I left). It looks like it takes 1-2 weeks for them to send out the AP papers. Thanks for your help everyone.

Hi, dux124,

My status is exactly the same as yours. (at NSC)
"Application Type: I131, APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT
Current Status: Document OTHER THAN CARD manufactured and mailed."

but kad's is "Current Status: Approval notice sent.".

What's the difference? But I think ours are approved as well. It says "we mailed the document we manufactured based on our earlier approval of this case..."

I haven't received anything in mail in 3 weeks since this status update. Is that normal?

dux124 said:
Can you please post your notice you received regarding your AP?

I just received the following notice. Does this mean my AP is approved? Thanks

The last processing action taken on your case
Receipt Number: LIN XXXX

Current Status: Document OTHER THAN CARD manufactured and mailed.

On December 15, 2006, we mailed the document we manufactured based on
our earlier approval of this case, and mailed it to the address on we
have on file. You should receive the new document within 30 days. If you
do not, or if you move before you get it, call customer service.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

When did you guys apply for AP? My receipt date is 11/16/06 I am planning my india trip in Feb Wondering if my AP will get approved this month? any ideas?

Guys, question for you: My AP has already been approved 3 days ago. I may need to make an emergency trip to india tomorrow.

Can my wife just mail me the AP. I will be in India for at least a month. Do you guys think there will be any problems with me coming back if my wife mails me the docs.

Thanks!

You Will Be Ok

aga1793 said:
Guys, question for you: My AP has already been approved 3 days ago. I may need to make an emergency trip to india tomorrow.

Can my wife just mail me the AP. I will be in India for at least a month. Do you guys think there will be any problems with me coming back if my wife mails me the docs.

Thanks!
You will get 3 copies for AP .Ask your wife to send just one copy by mail(just in case if you lost in the mail)she can try second one.Or any one of your friend coming to India they can bring personally.DO NOT MAIL ALL THE 3 AP ORIGINALS BY ONE MAIL.If you lost in the mail it is a nightmare

How does AP approval doc looks like?

Hi Gurus,

Just wondering how AP notice look like? Is it a paper with your name or other info (just like receipt notice) OR
Is it a card (just like EAD card with picture and everything) ?

getmeone said:
You have to have the approved and valid AP when you enter the USA.
Technically, the approval date needs to be prior to your DEPARTURE date, not prior to your reentry. When you reenter the US you need to have the physical AP in your hands.