AP approved but not yet received. can i travel

koolck

Registered Users (C)
My AP has been approved online on Jan 26 but i have not yet received it yet. I had already made plans to travel to india on 30th Jan, get my H1-B revalidation done in chennai.

since my AP is technically approved while i was here, can i get it mailed to india, and use it while i comeback.. so i dont have to go through the hassle of getting visa?

Do i have to be in US when i receive the AP to use it?

Originally posted by koolck
since my AP is technically approved while i was here, can i get it mailed to india, and use it while i comeback.. so i dont have to go through the hassle of getting visa?

What if it gets lost in the mail or never sent? There's a post on just that in one of the I-485 forums today. I had to get my EAD card resent.

Odds are low of this happenning, but what happens then?

This has already been discussed in one of the prior threads. If you search you can get more details.

But long story short as theRealCanadian states, what will you do if your AP is lost in the mail.

I am amazed that you actually went ahead and booked your tickets without your AP in hand. Hopefully you get it within the week, but I doubt you will receive it before your trip.

Good luck nonetheless!

I have a Vaid H1-B visa but not stamped.. plan to use that

I didnt have AP in my mind when i planned to go on the trip.. i planned to get my H1-B revalidated and have all the documents ready for it..

but i just saw the approval online, so i got the crazy idea that if i get the AP, lets say 1 or 2 days after i go, whether i can use that..

is it okay to use the AP that may be sent to me in mail?

If not i plan to get my H1-B stamped and come back using that...

koolck,

Good back up plan! Shouldn't be a problem. I do hope you have never used your EAD till date. In which case you would have to use your AP to travel, but if you haven't then your original plan is perfectly okay. In case you can get someone to mail you your AP while you are gone, then there is no LEGAL reason why you cannot use the AP. The AP was approved before you left the country, so shouldn't be a problem to use it.

good luck!

As per online my AP got approved Jan 24th 2004 and I haven't received the papers till now.

But, my EAD was approved on Jan 26th as per online and I got my card on Jan 27th.

This seems ridiculous to me. I have to travel in the first week of March. So, I have some time to wait and because of this AP delay, I am waiting to book my ticket, while the fare is raising everyday.

Anyway, loss is ours because of these morons!!

Atri123,

Check with your lawyer to see if they received your AP. My EAD was approved after my AP but mailed to my house, while my AP was sent to the lawyer and came one day AFTER my EAD. Don't know the exact post marked date, but I am sure it will be in your hands in the next couple of days.

Good luck!