AP approved but not received

bsanand

My AP was approved and mailed on October 12 but I still haven't received it. I am traveling to India on November 5th and am really worried whether I will receive it before that or not. Has anyone experienced approaching the local immigration office under these circumstances to request another copy of the approval notice. I spoke to a representative at the USCIS and it was suggested that I wait for 30 days before I request them to take some action. I would appreciate getting the forum's feedback on this issue.

It takes at least two weeks

I has experienced the same problem before going to India in July. My AP arrived at nick of time !! They take 2 to 2 and half weeks to mail the document. Just hope you get it in time.

The delay is usually at the USCIS office in mailing it. I too had called the customer service and they had said that they cannot do anything because one has to take the orginal document along while travelling.

Wish you all the best and a safe journey.

Jajabhor

bsanand said:
My AP was approved and mailed on October 12 but I still haven't received it. I am traveling to India on November 5th and am really worried whether I will receive it before that or not. Has anyone experienced approaching the local immigration office under these circumstances to request another copy of the approval notice. I spoke to a representative at the USCIS and it was suggested that I wait for 30 days before I request them to take some action. I would appreciate getting the forum's feedback on this issue.
You'll get 2 LUDs and messages on AP approval -- first is the real approval and 2nd one is the mailing of the AP.

Also remember that AP goes to your lawyer if you used one (unlike EAD which comes to you all the time). Check with your lawyer (if any).

My ap came, with in one week of approval. But my daughters ap took a while to receive (about 3 weeks). Perhaps, attorney didn't received the reciept notice, and we thought of filing again, but the approval came.

AP comes to you, not the attorney. At least it is true with me, and so far, I have recived two Aps.