AP approved and mailed, but lost in mail

willgetgc2005

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

My advance Parole was approved and mailed on July 27, 2005(According to online message change and email ) But it has not reached me.

I have checked with the USPS Postal carrier and other possibilities to trace it, but no luck. What can I do ? My lawyer says I need to file again for new AP.

IS there any other way. Anyone went through similar situation ? Please help with suggestions

Thank You

willgetgc2005 said:
Hello,

My advance Parole was approved and mailed on July 27, 2005(According to online message change and email ) But it has not reached me.

I have checked with the USPS Postal carrier and other possibilities to trace it, but no luck. What can I do ? My lawyer says I need to file again for new AP.

IS there any other way. Anyone went through similar situation ? Please help with suggestions

Thank You
If you used a lawyer when filing for AP, the approved AP would go to your attorney -- it will NOT come to your home.

Have your attorney check his mail first !!!

PS: btw, EAD comes to your home even when u have an attorney.

max2k1 said:
If you used a lawyer when filing for AP, the approved AP would go to your attorney -- it will NOT come to your home.

Have your attorney check his mail first !!!

PS: btw, EAD comes to your home even when u have an attorney.

max2k1,
I'm not sure what you said if 100% correct. In our case we have an attorney but still we got the AP at our address. What I found though is that the address was written my human so it is completely possible that they might have messed up. If I were you I would call the number they mentioned in the approval statement online and tell them that its past 14 days and that you haven't recieved your AP yet. And do confirm that they have the right address on file. Good Luck

hens4rth said:
max2k1,
I'm not sure what you said if 100% correct. In our case we have an attorney but still we got the AP at our address. What I found though is that the address was written my human so it is completely possible that they might have messed up. If I were you I would call the number they mentioned in the approval statement online and tell them that its past 14 days and that you haven't recieved your AP yet. And do confirm that they have the right address on file. Good Luck
Are you sure you used an attorney when you filed for your AP ? (in other words, did you attach form G-28 with your AP application ?)

If you did that, its very very unusual for the AP to come to your home directly.
It should've gone to the attorney's address (as specified in G-28) unless of course the attorney "used" ur address in G-28 to make things easy (which would again be pretty unusual !!)

max2k1 said:
Are you sure you used an attorney when you filed for your AP ? (in other words, did you attach form G-28 with your AP application ?)

If you did that, its very very unusual for the AP to come to your home directly.
It should've gone to the attorney's address (as specified in G-28) unless of course the attorney "used" ur address in G-28 to make things easy (which would again be pretty unusual !!)

Max2k1,
we started our process through our company and the company lawyers have been handling everything right from the begining. So there is no question about using an attorney. Coming to G-28 I'm not really sure. My question to you is, what if the difference between AP and EAD when it comes to mailing? Why should it be any different?

Guys,

Thanks for all your replies. I used an attorney for both PA and EAD.

FYI, I received the EAD at home. My attorney called the 1800 number for enquiry for AP. She confirmed the address USCSI has on file was my correct home address.

Attorney says the officer said, if I did not receive the AP, then I will have to file for a new AP again !. This totally baffles me ! How can we file for another AP when an AP is already approved ?

Any ideas guys ?

hens4rth said:
My question to you is, what if the difference between AP and EAD when it comes to mailing? Why should it be any different?
I don't know why AP goes to the attorney whereas EAD comes to you.

Its always been the case for a while with all of the folks that I know.

last year same thing happened to my case. CSC told that AP letter is sent to my home address and I never recieved. My lawyer tried all the steps invloving senator also, but CSC didn't send me AP letter again.

SSRK,

Do you man you never erecived the AP from USCIS ? How long has it been since you received an email that they mailed this to you. Pls post details so we can assess our situations.

I got my AP in May'2005 to my home address.
Recently I lost it some where. I received my AP excactly after 14 days of approval date. My EAD AND AP mailed to my home address only.

I need to contact to my lawyer about my AP. May be I need to re-file AP again. I donot know....