AP Approval

amasud

Registered Users (C)
My advance parole receipt date is 1/17/2003. It has been 122 days and I have not received the approval yet. My application is being processed at Nebrask Service Center. The INS site says, it is taking between 320 and 355 days for AP.

Is there anybody who received the AP approval letter with receipt date close to mine?

Thanks
Masud

My RD is 12 Dec, 2002. I have got an RFE for color photocopy of my passport, license and fresh copies of my photos. Now, a days it is taking somewhere between 3 to 6 months before you see any approval. So hang in there.

Guys,

My AP was received on 12/18/02 and I just got a letter for RFE. I am assuming it would be for color picture of passprt and ID. That is what they requested for my EAD. Also, they ae asking for special registration #. If you are from a special registration country don't expect to get your AP OR EAD fast, that is what I noticed, they have to do a security check on you and then issue RFE for colored photos. It took me 5 months for my EAD and I am assuming 6 months for my AP. Things are different.

After 5 months I also got an RFE for color photocopy of my passport and fresh copies of my photographs for both EAD and AP. And not to mention that I am from a special registration country. What has surprised me is that: I went to Kinko to make color photocoy of my passport and driver's license. They refused to do so as there is a rule from US dept of Justice saying you can never make color photocopy of passport and license. I showed them the letter from US dept of Justice asking for these things. Don't you think this is very weird? One section of the dept is saying you can not make color photocopy and otehr section is asking exaclty that. How bizaar the system is? No wonder they issue I-20 to the hijackers who flew the planed into the twin towers.

Bottomline, except more delays in getting AP and EAD. I will not be surprised to see my I-485 getting approved even before my AP and EAD got approved.

Muntasir,

Once you get to the stage where you have RFE then It shoud be fine, I got the RFE for EAD on 4/28/03 and mt EAD was mailed yesterday so hopefully things will be faster for you too. I didn't go to Kinkos for the colored phots just try any other place and you should have no problem.

Looks like I luckily already received my EAD without an RFE. My RD was 1/17/2003 and received the EAD cards on 5/9/2003.

Thanks
Masud

Hi,

My EAD and AP notice date is 02/05/2003. They approved the EAD on 05/13/2003 and AP on 05/15/2003. Yesterday, I have received my EAD. May be another day or two for the AP.

Received my AP approval with RD 1/17/2003. So it took 132 days.

My wife's still pending with same RD.

Thanks

Amasud, Congrats. Could you please tell whether it was a Renewal or the first time AP.
My AP is still not approved. My RD is 9th Jan

ead approved

I got my ead also approved. ND was 04/02/03. Approval of EAD came by 05/27/03. Intrestingly I have 2 EAD cards now both cocnurrently valid for about a 3 week period ( overlap ).
:)
Now if only my AP will come ND 04/28/03. Hoping to take a break soon.:(

AP approved finally after 6 months!

My RD is 12/12/02. Had to wait a long time for AP approval, but it was finally approved a few days ago. No RFE, it just took them a long time to do it. EAD was approved within a month though. I am from a SR country. Case is with NSC.

Ajivid ...

Did you APPLY FOR EAD RENEWAL OR REGULAR????if regular did you file 140/485 concurrently....I did not see any late march or april cases lately so wondering if they are moving.

Thanks..

Driver Lic copy for EAD and AP

Hey guys, I have a question on color Photo copy of Passport and Driver Licence.

Do you really need to send the copy of Driver Licence (ID) when you file for EAD and AP ? My Lawyer did ask me to give the Color copy of Passport ID page but she did not ask for Driver Licence.

Also

Do you need the correct residentail address on your Driver Licence ?

I haven't renewed my Licence since I last moved and in OH state there is no rule to change the Address on Licence when you move, I just sent a Address change letter to BMV and they took care of it.

Greatly appreciate any input.

EAD renewal question

Hi ajivid,

Did you apply for EAD renewal for yourself? Did you submit color photocopies or ordinary photocopies of your passport, Driver's licence and Old EAD card?
Thanks
:confused:

Guys,

I am from a special registration country and my Ead was approved two weeks ago RD 12/18/02 and my AP got approved today with RD12/18/02. I had RFE for both AP and EAD for color photos of my passport picture and my Driver license. I recommend that you do submit these when you file, it will save you at least three weeks. My laywer told me that they are asking everyone to submit color photos