AP Approval Notice

SantoGC

Registered Users (C)
Do we need the Approval notice in hand when leaving the country. Is it sufficient if the parole gets approved and have someone mail it so that I can have it when I return. Please advise.

I guess it is okay.. but ask ur lawayer is it okay for him or her to mail the document. Do u think ur AP will approve by the time u return?

Per CIS rules, it is never OK to leave the country without the AP in hand; unless you have a valid visa.

The question is: would you take the risk if something happened to the AP? For example, CIS issued an RFE or even worse, the AP was lost in the mail?

My friend mailed AP to his wife after approval.to india in FEDEX. So no body know abt this..that is why i said

My AP was approved yesterday Feb 9th and the online message says that the AP notice was mailed. I have my tickets booked on the 17th night. I just hope I receive it before that.

SantoGC

I am sure, you will get your AP before you leave. My AP is approved on 02/04/04 and I got it 02/06/04. I don't know if the location matters. I live in Boston Metro area.
As you said, your AP is already approved, I think you should be ok, if somebody mails you the AP as it is approved before you left the country. Who knows that you got the Approval Notice in hand before you left or not. Mostly they are sending 3 copies of AP. If unfortunately you are not getting it before you leave (which should not happen), tell the person who is sending your AP to send it by kind of FedEx or UPS International to 2 different addresses (in your reach) so that in worst case you can get at least once. Just my thought.
Hope this helps.

feb12RD.

Last edited by a moderator: