AP application receipt 3/15

ArashK

Registered Users (C)
131 appl. receipt date: 3/15/05, still pending
130, 485, 765 pending as well.

Do you think I receive my AP till mid June? Looks like NBC works slower than other local offices, according to the time charts.

Thanks.

My RD is April 8 and I received an email yesterday saying my AP is approved and they have sent me an approval notice.

amishah said:
My RD is April 8 and I received an email yesterday saying my AP is approved and they have sent me an approval notice.
Amishah,

It appears your application was processed a lot quicker than the ArashK. Most people have complained about check taking abt a month to be cashed. Yours seems to be an exception. What do you think helped with the processing in your case? A lot of us would be interested in knowing if you did something different (for eg efiling) or better while filing.

Julie

julieschneider said:
Amishah,

It appears your application was processed a lot quicker than the ArashK. Most people have complained about check taking abt a month to be cashed. Yours seems to be an exception. What do you think helped with the processing in your case? A lot of us would be interested in knowing if you did something different (for eg efiling) or better while filing.

Julie
I am surprised too. :) Only thing I can say is when we filed our papers were extremly organized. We used paper clips and tabs while putting everything together. Also we used one main cover letter stating what we are submitting in which order. Also a seperate cover letter for each form. I have not received my AP in mail yet. I am hoping for today.

Thank you all for your replies.

I exactly did what amishah did, putting a cover letter and attaching post its and so on. In the receipt it says it may take 30-90 days, which for me is going to be till June 15. In USCIS website though, it's talking about 30-60 days. I think I give them a call.

Thanks amishah and ArashK

Is stapling the paperwork for each form + cheque acceptable?
I understand that one should not use the ACCO style paper clips.

What did you guys use?

Thanks
Julie

julieschneider said:
Thanks amishah and ArashK

Is stapling the paperwork for each form + cheque acceptable?
I understand that one should not use the ACCO style paper clips.

What did you guys use?

Thanks
Julie
No. Stapling is not allowed. I used Binder clips. BTW I received my AP yesterday in the mail. It was two similar kind of paper with picture on it.

Thanks Amishah,

I am filling out the AP application right now. And I do not know how to answer the following questions. Can you help?

Date of intended departure
Length of stay
How many trips do you intend to use this document?

- Since we are getting it so that we have freedom to travel and not for any specific travel plan, what should I answer for the above questions?
- if I say "multiple trips" for the last question, is there a problem? Or it does not matter.

Thanks
Julie

julieschneider said:
Thanks Amishah,

I am filling out the AP application right now. And I do not know how to answer the following questions. Can you help?

Date of intended departure
Length of stay
How many trips do you intend to use this document?

- Since we are getting it so that we have freedom to travel and not for any specific travel plan, what should I answer for the above questions?
- if I say "multiple trips" for the last question, is there a problem? Or it does not matter.

Thanks
Julie
This question are meaningless. I had written down departure date as 3 months from filingdate since it takes them max. 3 months to issue AP.
I knew I am not going to stay more than 8 weeks at time so I wrote 2 months there. No problem in writing Multiple Problem. Though I wrote single trip since I know I am not going to fly more than once in 2 years and AP is always valid for 1 year only.

Hi Amisha,

Can you help with the following questions:

For AP (I-131)form, how did you answer

- "Class of Admission" (part I - question 3)
- one of the documents to send with AP appl is "evidence of filing the AoS appl". Since you co-filed AP and I-485, what did you send as evidence?

For I-130, how did you answer
- Section C#17 which reads List husband/wife and children of your relative
This is a simple question but can be interpreted multiple way. Since I am filling out for my spouse, do I put down my own name as the "husband" of my relative?
- Section C#22 Your relative in the US will apply for AoS at the USCIS office in _______
Is the closest District Office? Or Service Center? Or some other office?

Thanks a bunch in advance,
Mahesh

maheshgajanan said:
Hi Amisha,

Can you help with the following questions:

For AP (I-131)form, how did you answer

- "Class of Admission" (part I - question 3)
- one of the documents to send with AP appl is "evidence of filing the AoS appl". Since you co-filed AP and I-485, what did you send as evidence?
Actually this case is for my husband. I am the sponsor (US. Citizen) filing for my husband.
He was here on student visa but then he got his H1-B. So we wrote H1-B as class of Admission.
I didn't attached anything since I co-filed.
maheshgajanan said:
For I-130, how did you answer
- Section C#17 which reads List husband/wife and children of your relative
This is a simple question but can be interpreted multiple way. Since I am filling out for my spouse, do I put down my own name as the "husband" of my relative?
You are filing for your wife is correct but they are asking your information. So you have to write your wife's name as your relative.
maheshgajanan said:
- Section C#22 Your relative in the US will apply for AoS at the USCIS office in _______
Is the closest District Office? Or Service Center? Or some other office?

Thanks a bunch in advance,
Mahesh
You have to write name of your closest DO which has juridiction over your place.

Thanks Amisha,
- And what can I use as "purpose for intended travel"?
As I said I am applying for AP just to have the freedom to travel when the GC is being processed

- For the I-864, did you get letters from brokerage firms (like Vanguard), banks, mutual fund companies, etc to show your financial assets?

- For a beneficiary who is working, does one also include employment letter & asset letters? What did you do?

- BTW, I am using fillable PDF forms that is available on visapro.com. Do you think it is okay?

Last edited by a moderator:
maheshgajanan said:
Thanks Amisha,
- And what can I use as "purpose for intended travel"?
As I said I am applying for AP just to have the freedom to travel when the GC is being processed
It doesn't matter what you write. They 99% don't reject the AP application. I worte "Needs to visit my family".
maheshgajanan said:
- For the I-864, did you get letters from brokerage firms (like Vanguard), banks, mutual fund companies, etc to show your financial assets?
If the income of sponsor is above 125% of poverty line or if spuse is filing I864A to support and total of those income is above 125% of poverty line, you don't need to get papers for assets. Give them what they ask for. Not more, not less.
[/QUOTE]
- For a beneficiary who is working, does one also include employment letter & asset letters? What did you do?QUOTE=maheshgajanan]
If beneficiary's income is being used to get above 125% of povery line, yes he/she has to include employment letter and asset letter if asset is also being used.
maheshgajanan said:
- BTW, I am using fillable PDF forms that is available on visapro.com. Do you think it is okay?
No problem in that. Only thing is before mailing all out make sure the forms are of the latest version by checking the revise date on WWW.USCIS.gov. Also make sure about all fees. USCIS change it very often. and if it is wrong, everything will come back.

Amisha,

You have been a great help in helping me complete my application. I am doing my Affidavit of Support. There are three of us, two adults and one child, in the family. Am I correct in reading that so long as my compensation is more than $21,000 in California, for the I-485 purposes I am over the poverty level.

I have shown some bank deposits and some investments in addition to my employment.

Please let me know on the poverty level question and if I need to do anything else.

Mahesh

maheshgajanan said:
Amisha,

You have been a great help in helping me complete my application. I am doing my Affidavit of Support. There are three of us, two adults and one child, in the family. Am I correct in reading that so long as my compensation is more than $21,000 in California, for the I-485 purposes I am over the poverty level.

I have shown some bank deposits and some investments in addition to my employment.

Please let me know on the poverty level question and if I need to do anything else.

Mahesh
Yoy are welcome. Somebody helped me when I was filling out my papers. Now I am helping you. Your income should be more than $20,112. But if you are using your bank deposits then there might be some different rules. I am not aware of this situation. Have you gone through the I 864's instruction properly?
If your income is above $20.112, you don't need to show bank deposits.Give them what they ask, no more than that no less than that.

Amisha,

Thanks for pointing out that the Affidavit of Support does not require any additional documentation (assets, etc) if income by itself satisfies. I was able to fix that error, thanks to your heads-up.

Once I file the various applications, I have to wait for it be accepted . While I am waiting for the receipt notice, I cannot track it online or can I?

Thanks
Mahesh

maheshgajanan said:
Amisha,

Thanks for pointing out that the Affidavit of Support does not require any additional documentation (assets, etc) if income by itself satisfies. I was able to fix that error, thanks to your heads-up.

Once I file the various applications, I have to wait for it be accepted . While I am waiting for the receipt notice, I cannot track it online or can I?

Thanks
Mahesh
No. You can not track it until you get your receipt noitces. Though if you have paid by check, you can check with you bank whether the check has been cashed or not. If it has been chashed that means they have accepted you application and you should receive you Receipts very soon.

Guys,

My AP is finally approved according to an e-mail I received today. It says I am going to receive an approval notice. Don't I receive the AP itself? How long should I wait to receive it based on your experience?

Thank you.

131 appl. receipt date: 3/15/05
131 approval e-amil: 6/20/05
130, 485, 765 pending.