Ap And Ead

HelpWanted

Registered Users (C)
Ap And H4

Frends,

My wife is on H4 and she neared the approval of EAD. We are planning on going to India 2 months. Would she need AP to travel since H4 gets cancelled once she gets EAD?

If Yes, please let me know if I can file AP by myself and what is the FORM NUMBER? And how long it normally takes.

Thanks,

thanks,

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Ap And H4

Getting EAD does not automatically cancel the H4 if your wife does not use it. If you maintain the H1 status, your wife's H4 is fine.

Originally posted by HelpWanted
Frends,

My wife is on H4 and she neared the approval of EAD. We are planning on going to India 2 months. Would she need AP to travel since H4 gets cancelled once she gets EAD?

If Yes, please let me know if I can file AP by myself and what is the FORM NUMBER? And how long it normally takes.

Thanks,

thanks,

Thanks lisansw.

I read on Murthy website that if one gets EAD then he/she needs to obtain Advance Parole. Please see this link below. Precisely it says that if one "begins working with an EAD"... I do not know, how would they know if he/she begins to work on EAD.

http://www.murthy.com/arc_uds/UDadpe.html

My H1 and as well as my wife's H4 is going to expire on July 2005. Only my wife has applied for EAD and hoping that its going to get approved this week.

We are planning on going to India in just 2 months.

I was thinking to goto local BCIS office and get the AP.

Helpwanted,

In the article it is clearly stated that if person "begins working with an EAD"..., only hen AP is needed .

It is very easy to determine if one is working or not, that is by the payroll and taxes that one payes on being employed. So if your wife never takes employment (meaning her SSN is never used to pay her), she DOES NOT need AP to travel if her H4 is valid.