AP and EAD time line

baby_mde

Registered Users (C)
I live in Borton, MA. Where do I have to send AP and EAD applications?? and what are approval timelines??

Please provide your info.

baby_mde said:
I live in Borton, MA. Where do I have to send AP and EAD applications?? and what are approval timelines??

Please provide your info.

I would suggest to do it online. It is much better and you get very quick approvals. I did it 3 times and it takes about 1 month to approve though USCIS recommends a 3 month time.

If you apply online it will give you all the instructions once you finish the application and the payment.

AP Approved in < 40 days

I applied my AP on Aug 25th and got approval on Oct 4th. Mine is paper application to NSC, because my I485 is pending in NSC.

-GCLover007

Yes and No to online filing!

My I-485 is waiting to be adjudicated at the local district office pending visa number availability.

I recently filed an AP renewal online and it took close to 11 weeks to get approved.

I'm also unable to find a clear direction whether I can apply for my EAD renewal online or at the local district office because that's where my case got transfered. (Note: my last EAD filed at NSC sat there for over two months and then got transfered to local district office, which stated that they did not have enough time to process before the end of total 90 days for me, so they issued me an interim EAD).

There's no fixed pattern as to how long it really takes (but it's usually within 90 days) and if your case has been transfered around, then good luck with finding where exactly you should renew your EAD.

At the rate of $180 for EAD and $170 for AP, it is certainly not a bad deal for USCIS as we continue to renew these documents per year. (I'm on my third EAD and third AP -- you do the math). Yet, invariably, in my many years of H1-B renewals, OPTs, EAD etc, I have NEVER EVER got a full exact renewal date from the time my old card was expiring. I have always been shortchanged by upto 4-8 weeks (except for my first OPT where I lost 6 months when the H1-B got approved). Somebody is not good in Maths at the USCIS.