AP and EAD renewal together

nikbuds

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

has anyone applied for both (AP and EAD renewal) together in one package ?

just curious if its better to apply for both together in one package as opposed to sending seperate packages.

this is for both my wife and myself..

any suggestions and info sharing will be appreciated.

thanks

I sent the EAD extension and AP renewal documents together in a single package to VSC.
Just make sure you clip the document sets (both EAD and AP seperately) for yourself and your wife seperately using a paper clip. You must have four sets of documents clipped seperately along with 2 cover letters.

My lawyer had put in all the applications in one envelope and had a single cover letter for myself and my wife when i applied through him for the first time.

I would suggest you put every thing in a bundle but have seperate cover letters for EAD and AP.

re : AP and EAD renewal together

Thanks for the info.

do i also need to duplicate the documents too...since AP and EAD require mostly the same set of documents ?

Also, anyone willing to share a cover letter for EAD renewal and AP
or point me to a place to for some standard covert letter for such a thing.

thanks in advance,

nikbuds

EAD and AP are two different petitions as far as INS is concerned. You will be bundling them together just for your convenience. So clip all documents concerned to EAD extension along with the I765 application and all AP documents with the I131 application seperately for you and any other applications you are sending together.

It is advisable to make a copy of all documents that you send and keep it with you. This will help you to re-apply if your application gets lost in the mail or something.

The portal has some cover letter formats i guess.... search for the postings.